Overclock.net banner
12961 - 12980 of 13194 Posts

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
Oh Noes, that is not the bios! You have fallen for the temptation and installed Windows Insider, Ryzen cache is f*ing bugged on the current Insider builds. Just install a official Windows build and cache will be back to normal, WITH the new bios.
Talking memory latency new bioses cant get below 63ns no matter what plus the random 1 windows error bug. But ye noticed cache hit...
Plenty of problems with this developer windows build.

·
Registered
20 Posts
dont think i`ll ever get below 63ns

·
Overclocker
7,049 Posts
Hi guys, new BIOS is out. anyone tried it yet?

·
Registered
20 Posts
yup already on 4301...

·
Overclocker
7,049 Posts
Me too i bought new ram and have huge issues regarding stability. On previous bios, hopefully this bios is better.

I got WHEA errors randomly when stressing with occt or when i do nothing..

·
Registered
20 Posts
No Stability issues on my gaming rig with the new bios, if anything things have got better, however my Ryzen 3600 on my media server chucked out a few WHEA errors, so had to dial back my memory over clock from 3600 to 3200.but i have b-die trash 16,18,18,38 running in it so was to be expected....

·
Registered
68 Posts
Hi guys, new BIOS is out. anyone tried it yet?
Yes but sadly the same old things as previous bios on my 5900x, VDDG voltage ain't working anywhere. Is it a issue for me? Well not quite, auto defaults to 1.05v VDDG IOD and 0.95v VDDG CCD which is even a bit higher than before (VDDG CCD was 0.9v at auto, but still stable), but even before fclk 1900/3800 was perfectly stable with no WHEAs whatsoever, only issue is my CCD1 sucks and can't really go low on it with 3 cores with curve optimizer.

·
Overclocker
7,049 Posts
Yes but sadly the same old things as previous bios on my 5900x, VDDG voltage ain't working anywhere. Is it a issue for me? Well not quite, auto defaults to 1.05v VDDG IOD and 0.95v VDDG CCD which is even a bit higher than before (VDDG CCD was 0.9v at auto, but still stable), but even before fclk 1900/3800 was perfectly stable with no WHEAs whatsoever, only issue is my CCD1 sucks and can't really go low on it with 3 cores with curve optimizer.

My problems started after i upgraded my SSD from Samsung 950 pro tpo Samsung 970 EVO plus 1TB and from my G.skill FlareX RAM to TridentZ Neo 3600 MHz B-die kit.

I first was stable af at 3800 MHz cl15 even on my FlareX kit and could run the same on my Trident Z. I also tried 3800 MHz with both installed but that setup would only run at 3600 MHz because it will recognize 4 sticks as dual rank instead of single rank kits so its more difficult to OC.

Later i tried only the Trident Z kit and all hell broke loose really. I copied Windows 10 from my 950 pro to my 970 EVO using Samsung cloning tool and all is well but these WHEA errors randomly started without me doing anything different. Sadly i sold the FlareX kit so i cannot test but that was 3200 MHz cl14 and this Trident Z is 3600 CL16 which is also B-die but maybe its worse quality?

Im running DOCP now for testing and it this doesn't work i send this RAM back and get different kit although its Ryzen related it can be incompatible with my board or CPU and my retail store said the same as they seen similar issues with Ryzen and so called "Ryzen optimized RAM"

·
Overclocker
7,049 Posts
I start to think there is something wrong with this RAM or its the board is acting up.

Now when i set DOCP it doesn't apply all the settings and the latency is stupid high in the 70s...

I tried so many settings for 3800 MHz RAM but nothing would boot... Is it possible that my CPU is degraded? I mean, where to find the source of the issue while there are so many variables...

The ryzen RAM calculator suggested that this kit could do 4K MHz cl16... how reliable is that calculator come to my mind.

Maybe i should RMA this set of RAM and get another one but maybe this is a good set and the next one is not as good... If i had any hair on my head i would pull it out now lmao.

·
Registered
923 Posts
I start to think there is something wrong with this RAM or its the board is acting up.

Now when i set DOCP it doesn't apply all the settings and the latency is stupid high in the 70s...

I tried so many settings for 3800 MHz RAM but nothing would boot... Is it possible that my CPU is degraded? I mean, where to find the source of the issue while there are so many variables...

The ryzen RAM calculator suggested that this kit could do 4K MHz cl16... how reliable is that calculator come to my mind.

Maybe i should RMA this set of RAM and get another one but maybe this is a good set and the next one is not as good... If i had any hair on my head i would pull it out now lmao.
DOCP usually do not work on higher end memory, you have to go manual, and it's not easy to degrade the chip. I've been beating my 3900X and 3700X since those where launched and they still perform as when new.

·
Overclocker
7,049 Posts
DOCP usually do not work on higher end memory, you have to go manual, and it's not easy to degrade the chip. I've been beating my 3900X and 3700X since those where launched and they still perform as when new.
I saw that indeed. I had to set many settings manually.

I am stable for now on 4.4 GHz 3800 MHz CL16 again leaving most voltages on auto settings... I loaded up the DOCP 3600 MHz settings and went from there. The profile already loads the correct values so i don't need to tinker with a lot of other voltages or settings.

I'v been testing for 6 hours with a break in between with first stock CPU with no issues and now with 4.4 GHz CPU with no issues at all. This Ryzen stuff is weird man, Intel its just load up xmp and it works but with Ryzen its something else lol. If you have the patience its more fun but if you just want plug and play don't go Ryzen imo.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I saw that indeed. I had to set many settings manually.

I am stable for now on 4.4 GHz 3800 MHz CL16 again leaving most voltages on auto settings... I loaded up the DOCP 3600 MHz settings and went from there. The profile already loads the correct values so i don't need to tinker with a lot of other voltages or settings.

I'v been testing for 6 hours with a break in between with first stock CPU with no issues and now with 4.4 GHz CPU with no issues at all. This Ryzen stuff is weird man, Intel its just load up xmp and it works but with Ryzen its something else lol. If you have the patience its more fun but if you just want plug and play don't go Ryzen imo.
Yeah I would test every bench,and stress test out there if I was you, I Have found like you that ryzen can be a bit funky, one minute you think your stable,and then bam !

Currently testing 3800mhz ram 1900 infinity fabric clock, dont hold much hope as normally it fails pretty much straight away

·
Registered
39 Posts
Anyone using 4 dimms of G.Skill's F4-3200C14D-16GTZRX (which is a dual kit) on C7H?
Does it run fine @ 3200/14?
I am thinking about getting a second pair of this RAM and I'm afraid that it would not run at 3200/14 - don't really want to lose performance on this.
i run 4x8gb of this exact typ(14D-8GTZRX)...with 3800Mhz CL16. So there is plenty of OC potential

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
i run 4x8gb of this exact typ(14D-8GTZRX)...with 3800Mhz CL16. So there is plenty of OC potential
Thanks! Unfortunately, 2700X vs 5600X will make a difference in the potential.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Any interest in sharing your settings? I've tried to get 3800mhz stable, but I never can.

·
Registered
39 Posts
tru. with my ryzen 2700x i couldnt go beyond 3400cl14

trying 3933 atm...but not stable yet. 3800Mhz with these settings is rock stable though ram voltage is 1,45v

i will try the latest BIOS for 3933Mhz. maybe it will improve stability

·
Overclocker
7,049 Posts
Yeah I would test every bench,and stress test out there if I was you, I Have found like you that ryzen can be a bit funky, one minute you think your stable,and then bam !

Currently testing 3800mhz ram 1900 infinity fabric clock, dont hold much hope as normally it fails pretty much straight away

View attachment 2484979

Yeah man, i tested with OCCT for 3 hours, than let it rest for couple of hours and do some light work than start it again for 3 hours and no issues. This method is imo a good way as you can "shock the system" so to speak from some kind of sleep mode to full testing mode and if it passes that it is stable most of the time. TM5 is a good program but OCCT is better imo as it can trigger WHEA errors while you are stable in TM5 so yeah its better to run more programs to be sure, and do multiple passes of Aida64 cache mem bench.

Nice result man, good CPU clock too. Im stuck at 4.4 GHz i think. I could do more but 4.4 GHz at 1.275v is pretty nice if you ask me, especially combined with 3800 MHz RAM.

Here is my result so far:

The trick is not to touch too many settings like voltage etc. it will cause more instability and leaving most thing on auto give the most results anyway as DOCP settings load the Ryzen optimized setting out of the box.

Only thin i changed was RAM voltage is at 1.400v now instead of 1.350 and some timings but not that much really. Been stable so far.

12961 - 12980 of 13194 Posts