Overclock.net banner

13001 - 13020 of 13070 Posts

·
Overclocker
7,030 Posts
I had bought into all Zen gens, 1700x, 2700x, 3900x, 5900x. The 2700x and 3900x had decent OC on them and a lot of play around none got degraded after a year. Both CPUs are still been used atm the 2700x for my mum pc and the 3900x my GF uses it for 3d modeling and animations. Intel silicone might be more mature but TSMC is not trash lol. The only "problem" zen has is RAM compatibility and some chipset issues that aren't deal-breaker at least for the majority of people.
Same here, i bought he 1600x, 2600x and now the 3600 and soon i hope the 5600x or the 5800x.

They all OC'd pretty well to be honest. My 1600x did 3.975 GHz, 2600x 4.250 GHz and now my 3600 does 4.4 GHz. The first ones could only get to 3200 MHz but later the 2600x could do 3466 MHz. Now my 3600 runs 3800 MHz. So yeah, performance wise i cannot complain. The trick was how to get there and the learning curve was quite steep and still is when it comes to RAM with Ryzen.

The problems with ryzen were indeed RAM compatibility but they ironed it out and most modules run very well now. That wasn't the only problem though, CPU boost was also an issue which they resolved.

As of my frustrations, its totally RAM related as most of the settings i have no clue what it does nor can i find something where to look for what these things do so i can tweak little more.
Maybe i forgot where to look though lol.

The Mus1Mus calculator works great but some setting simply will not do so you have to tweak manually.

• Rep+
Reactions: neikosr0x

·
Registered
66 Posts
Was having odd audio issues with 4301, went back to 4204 and things are golden again.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Odd how ?? what drivers u using newwest haxed ones ??
I have an Asus Xonar Essence STX which has had a long standing issue of randomly Raping my Ears by sending the highest pitch max volume sound into my headphones, even did it on my old intel system at times.
Could be DPC or just the fact the drivers are garbage, either way for some reason with the 4301 Bios it was happening almost every day and the only major change i had made was the bios, so i flashed back and havent had it happen again yet. Crossing fingers ;)

·
Registered
33 Posts
I have an Asus Xonar Essence STX which has had a long standing issue of randomly Raping my Ears by sending the highest pitch max volume sound into my headphones, even did it on my old intel system at times.
Could be DPC or just the fact the drivers are garbage, either way for some reason with the 4301 Bios it was happening almost every day and the only major change i had made was the bios, so i flashed back and havent had it happen again yet. Crossing fingers ;)
Have the same sound card. No problems so far with 4301. Never had any sound problems with it before, too, though.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Have the same sound card. No problems so far with 4301. Never had any sound problems with it before, too, though.
Guess I’ll consider myself lucky then lol, good to know it’s not the bios though I guess. I do know I’m not the only one with issues on that card as there are plenty of posts on the issue over at the Uni-Xonar drivers forums. Sure wish I could find an actual solution but I’d wager it’s just a goofy unit.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello everyone, I've just pulled the trigger on a 5950x after missing out on 5900x on many, many occasions. I've currently got the 2700x, how many members in here have the 5950x? Would appreciate on any feedback or advice... Apologies. I can't seem to find the search function to search the entire thread...

I've currently got the D15 on the 2700x, hoping to reuse it....

I've also got the c14 bdie gskill flare x 16gb kit... Thinking if I should upgrade the sticks or purchase another pair and have the 4 sticks run.

The x470 board is suffice I hope? I was a bit nervous in the x570 boards coming out with the chipset fan. Hoping the 5950x will be okay....

·
Registered
890 Posts
I don't have the 5950X but I used to run the 5900X on CH7, it works just fine with NH-D15 too. 5950X doesn't get warmer than the 5900X, it's better silicon bin.
Now I run the CH8 and I can say there's no difference in performance. CH8 only has more I/O which I need.
PCIE 4.0 is negligble difference IRL.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Guess I’ll consider myself lucky then lol, good to know it’s not the bios though I guess. I do know I’m not the only one with issues on that card as there are plenty of posts on the issue over at the Uni-Xonar drivers forums. Sure wish I could find an actual solution but I’d wager it’s just a goofy unit.
I still use the old Asus Windows 10 drivers, never tried to uni-xonar ones. 🤷‍♂️

·
Registered
33 Posts
I don't have the 5950X but I used to run the 5900X on CH7, it works just fine with NH-D15 too. 5950X doesn't get warmer than the 5900X, it's better silicon bin.
Now I run the CH8 and I can say there's no difference in performance. CH8 only has more I/O which I need.
PCIE 4.0 is negligble difference IRL.
I second that. Using 5950x with NH-D15 on Crosshair VII works fine for me. CB20 score around 11650 pts with air cooling / 4301 bios.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I still use the old Asus Windows 10 drivers, never tried to uni-xonar ones. 🤷‍♂️
Ive used both, and they both have the issue, the main benefit to the UNI drivers is lower DPC latency and overall overhead, you can also grab XONAR switch and run with any driver and it allows hotkeys for switching between outputs, its the main reason i cant bring myself to switch to another card.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Quick question, should I be clearing CMOS after bios flashback ?

·
Registered
890 Posts
Quick question, should I be clearing CMOS after bios flashback ?
Shouldn't be necessary as flashback is a clear CMOS of sorts, it erases everything old. At least I have never done it and I have done flashback probably 100+ times.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Shouldn't be necessary as flashback is a clear CMOS of sorts, it erases everything old. At least I have never done it and I have done flashback probably 100+ times.
That’s what I figured, thank you.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hello,

quick suggestion with cldo / vddg voltages ?
My soc voltage is fixed, others are auto settings and after a week of testing and regular usage System seems 99% stable, no whea's or other concering errors.Little Audio issues and after some research other voltages seems bit high.thanks in advance.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hello everyone, I've just pulled the trigger on a 5950x after missing out on 5900x on many, many occasions. I've currently got the 2700x, how many members in here have the 5950x? Would appreciate on any feedback or advice... Apologies. I can't seem to find the search function to search the entire thread...

I've also got the c14 bdie gskill flare x 16gb kit... Thinking if I should upgrade the sticks or purchase another pair and have the 4 sticks run.

The x470 board is suffice I hope? I was a bit nervous in the x570 boards coming out with the chipset fan. Hoping the 5950x will be okay....
The board will run fine with the x470, it's already way overspecced in VRM capacity that it may aswell be able to operate Epyc-based CPU's (pin layouts aside).

The fan on x570 boards is actually down to the heat which PCIe 4.0 generates on the express lane (the x570s chipset is fanless by design), which the Crosshair VII Hero doesn't support anyways on Ryzen 5000 based BIOS revisions, so you'll be fine.

·
Registered
213 Posts

x470 Hero VII VRM is more than enough and the latest bios works fine.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Here i'm with Version 4204 bios and wondering if would better to upgrade to latest bios or not.
Cpu : 3700x
Ram : Crucial Ballistix 3600 c16 16gb

·
Registered
18 Posts
Here i'm with Version 4204 bios and wondering if would better to upgrade to latest bios or not.
Cpu : 3700x
Ram : Crucial Ballistix 3600 c16 16gb
4301 Working well for me....

·
Registered
54 Posts
How is the latest bios releases working out for 5000 series owners here? I've just got a 5900x and a new gskill trident z neo ram kit 3600 14-15-15-35 on its way and not sure which bios i should start with? I'm currently on bios 2801 with my 3800x running at 4.5ghz with a 3800cl14 oc on a trident z royal 2x8 gb kit

13001 - 13020 of 13070 Posts