Overclock.net banner

13041 - 13060 of 13064 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
First time usb trouble yesterday, usb connect/disconnect sound, keyboard, mouse and external hdd crazyness until all went black after severall reboots and shutdowns it went smooth again but maybe the issue was soc/vddp voltage tweaking that caused it.newer bios still would be good. slow this time.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Is PBO + curve optimizer + Auto OC not working on C7H correctly? My 5900x will not boost over 4.95ghz no matter what I do, all my cores will hit 4.95ghz peaks and I thought using PBO + curve optimizer + auto oc would allow my 5900x to boost to 5ghz+ under the right conditions?
ok I seemed to have figured out how to get my 5900x to boost over 5ghz, you need to adjust the Auto OC in the Precision Boost Overdrive section on the Extreme Tweaker page in bios, not in the AMD overclocking section where the curve optimizer is as adding any offset to auto oc there does nothing at all

I've got cores boosting to 5.0-5.1ghz now

·
Registered
1,798 Posts
First time usb trouble yesterday, usb connect/disconnect sound, keyboard, mouse and external hdd crazyness until all went black after severall reboots and shutdowns it went smooth again but maybe the issue was soc/vddp voltage tweaking that caused it.newer bios still would be good. slow this time.
10000% Its the socand vddp i been having usb problems always as an oculus rift user that **** takes 4 usb ports alone its reason why im on C7H in first place.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi,

I replaced my motherboard with a crosshair vii wi-fi (from crosshair vi), and i have a problem when I try to overclock my ryzen 3600 cpu.

When I set fix vcore voltage, the PC does not start during cold boot (It crach with 02 Q-code. ) only after restart.

I checked every cable, replaced the PSU, the SSD. I use the newest (4301)bios, but I tried an older (4204) version too, I reinstalled Win10, nothing helped.

With my old motherboard the cpu operated perfectly with 1.1375 core voltage on 4.2 GHz, the new does not start during cold boot with thise multiplier and 1,25 core voltage nor.

If I set fix vcore voltage, and CPU multiplier with CTR, everything is fine. Every stress test pass, no anomaly.

Any idea?

Thx, Pakmara

·
Registered
54 Posts
Hi,

I replaced my motherboard with a crosshair vii wi-fi (from crosshair vi), and i have a problem when I try to overclock my ryzen 3600 cpu.

When I set fix vcore voltage, the PC does not start during cold boot (It crach with 02 Q-code. ) only after restart.

I checked every cable, replaced the PSU, the SSD. I use the newest (4301)bios, but I tried an older (4204) version too, I reinstalled Win10, nothing helped.

With my old motherboard the cpu operated perfectly with 1.1375 core voltage on 4.2 GHz, the new does not start during cold boot with thise multiplier and 1,25 core voltage nor.

If I set fix vcore voltage, and CPU multiplier with CTR, everything is fine. Every stress test pass, no anomaly.

Any idea?

Thx, Pakmara
try bios 2801 I found that to be the best bios for my 3800x, before I upgraded to a 5900x. I was running my 3800x at 4.5ghz 1.3375v with 1900fclk and 2x8gb 3800cl14 for nearly 2 years without issue

·
Registered
2 Posts
try bios 2801 I found that to be the best bios for my 3800x, before I upgraded to a 5900x. I was running my 3800x at 4.5ghz 1.3375v with 1900fclk and 2x8gb 3800cl14 for nearly 2 years without issue
Thanks the tipp. The 2803 was ok, but was not perfect. When I pushed the power button, the pc started to boot, than shut down, than started again and boot successfully.

I tried other versions. The 3103 version seems good, i will tested.

Ty, Pakmara

·
Registered
1,798 Posts
Thanks the tipp. The 2803 was ok, but was not perfect. When I pushed the power button, the pc started to boot, than shut down, than started again and boot successfully.

Ty, Pakmara
I like them double boot bioses Less memory training problems.

·
Registered
54 Posts

Ty, Pakmara
I think the double boot happens if you set a boot dram voltage in the External Digi+ Power Control menu instead of having it on Auto

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hm, i've set ccd voltage to 1000 and iod voltage to 1040mv in the tweaker section but after reboot zen timer showing both 0.99mv, which setting/section is the right onenin the bios to not make them synchronous?
is it the soc/uncore oc mode.still after months its a rabbit hole for me and most of the settings are 3 times available in different menus.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Still running BIOS 2203 with a 2700X here, on linux only, with a focus on stability and silence. Perusing the latest releases, I notice:

Version 2304

2019/05/17 14.67 MBytes

ROG CROSSHAIR VII HERO (WI-FI) BIOS 2304
1. Update AM4 ComboPI 0.0.7.2A for next-gen processors and to improve CPU compatibility

2. Fixed an issue with Precision Boost values

3. Improved memory compatibility

4. Enhance system security
Version 2406

2019/07/05 14.68 MBytes

ROG CROSSHAIR VII HERO (WI-FI) BIOS 2406
1. Improve system stability.
Version 2703

2019/08/23 14.73 MBytes

ROG CROSSHAIR VII HERO (WI-FI) BIOS 2703
1.Improve system performance.
2.Update AM4 Combo PI 1.0.0.3 Patch ABB
a.Fixes a compatibility issue with Destiny 2
b.Fixes an issue with certain Linux distros
c.Removes Gen 4 support when using Ryzen 3000 CPUs
3.Improves EZFlash performance to reduce boot time.
Plus virtually every update mentions: "Improve system performance". Very enlightening.

Any point to updating?

Also, is it just me or is there no "search in thread" or "jump to first unread" option in this forum?

·
Enthusiast
829 Posts
The "Improve system stability" is just their way of conditioning you for greater (number) is better. Straight up lies is what it is.

·
Registered
2,316 Posts
Soooo the CH7 Wifi has disappeared from the ASUS support site. So that's fun. Can anyone else navigate to it or am I just an idiot?

@shamino1978

·
Registered
2,316 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
can u guys change iod / cdd voltage asynchronous?
tried it many times, ccd voltage setting in bios example 0.990 shows me 0.9xx in zen timing, iod voltage auto is around 1.047v setting something lower in the bios both in amd overclocking and tweaker section equals ccd and iod after.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Hi Guys, still fighting with the following problem:

When the CPU idles in WIndows sometimes Windows becomes completely unresponsive to the point that I have to perform a hard reset. Timings and Voltages are shown in the ZenTimings Screenshot. Do I have to change my Voltages? What do you think? RAM: 4x8 GB

·
Registered
882 Posts
Hi Guys, still fighting with the following problem:

When the CPU idles in WIndows sometimes Windows becomes completely unresponsive to the point that I have to perform a hard reset. Timings and Voltages are shown in the ZenTimings Screenshot. Do I have to change my Voltages? What do you think? RAM: 4x8 GB
View attachment 2512362
When Windows freezes it's typically too much vcore minus offset, or too much minus curve optimizer. Your other voltages are not particularly low, I use much lower on all voltages and at 1900.

For some reason mine doesn't show VDIMM but it's at 1.38V. Been stable like this for months now.

edit. This is CH8, but CH7 and CH8 behave very similar, I don't have a 5-series CPU on my CH7.

• Rep+
Reactions: bushd0c

·
Registered
33 Posts
When Windows freezes it's typically too much vcore minus offset, or too much minus curve optimizer. Your other voltages are not particularly low, I use much lower on all voltages and at 1900.

For some reason mine doesn't show VDIMM but it's at 1.38V. Been stable like this for months now.

edit. This is CH8, but CH7 and CH8 behave very similar, I don't have a 5-series CPU on my CH7.

View attachment 2512461
Thanks mate! I tried it out already. I reduced the negative curve optimizer values and it really seems to work!

·
Registered
44 Posts
About 2 years didn't update bios since version 2103 (no freeze/crash/bsod), today just decide to update and test on version 4301.
Still able to use the same settings and not giving me a headache with RAM 8x4 like before.
Yet one small notice the PBO is boost 42.5x instead of 43.5x (like v.2103) but doesn't matter
ZenTimings_Screenshot.png Screenshot-(9).jpg Screenshot-(10).jpg

·
Registered
2,316 Posts
13041 - 13060 of 13064 Posts