Overclock.net banner
13281 - 13300 of 13350 Posts

·
Black Sun Empire
802 Posts
That was easy to solve, I was still using a Ryzen Power Plan which seems to be depreciated in latest Windows and the latest chipset drivers. I just changed to Windows Balanced powerplan and frequency/vcore scaling started working again. Good to know the box is perfectly stable at 4.2GHz though ....
hi there! what do you mean with frequency/vcore scaling? on a 2700x 4.2ghz is nice !!

Gesendet von meinem SM-G950F mit Tapatalk

·
Registered
989 Posts
hi there! what do you mean with frequency/vcore scaling? on a 2700x 4.2ghz is nice !!

Gesendet von meinem SM-G950F mit Tapatalk
I mean that freguency and vcore voltage goes up or down depending on load, which it should using PBO, apparently it only works using the Windows powerplan with the latest Windows and the latest AMD drivers. And the latest bios.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hello, i updated to the newest bios( from 3103 to 4603 ) and applied overclock to my memory, but CLDO VDDP voltage keep automatically set to 1,1V even if i adjust it manually to 0,9V. Is it save for Zen2(3800x) cpu? Right now i set it to auto but it still on 1,1V.

·
Registered
12 Posts
New bios out for C7Hero non wifi. For WI-fi no new bios. Any clues?
There is one change which hasn't been immediately obvious as being exposed on the Advanced Menu and that is AMD GPU Driver Health, currently this seems to do nothing, but it's interesting nonetheless.

·
Registered
12 Posts
For me it it's completely unstable, random reboots, wifi card resets/disconnects. 3800x, ram overclocked( ). I had to switch to older bios where everything is working fine.
These are Ryzen 5000 based BIOS's, they were never guaranteed to work correctly for Zen 2.

What are thoughts on the latest bios?
No issues whatsoever, runs fine.

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
For me it it's completely unstable, random reboots, wifi card resets/disconnects. 3800x, ram overclocked( ). I had to switch to older bios where everything is working fine.
Have you tested you RAM overclock?

And your voltages may also be a touch low.
if SOC 1.1V
then CLDO VDDG (both) 1.05V
and CLDO VDDP 1.00V

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
These are Ryzen 5000 based BIOS's, they were never guaranteed to work correctly for Zen 2.

No issues whatsoever, runs fine.
Wut?

They are a culmination of previous changes for all supported CPUs. Recent changes are usually focused on the latest (5000) CPUs, but that doesn't mean that the improvements made in previous BIOS and AGESA revisions for previous CPUs are discarded.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Coming straight from bios 3004 i haven't noticed any drawbacks so far with the bios 4603. As far as the 2700x performance is concerned, it seems to me that nothing has improved
significantly from bios 1201. The only reason for anyone with a 2000 series cpu to update is Windows 11 and/or 5000 series cpu installation.

Light Black Computer Font Screenshot

·
Registered
44 Posts
hi there. has anyone of you tried playing the BF 2042 Beta?

I get a horrible performance because the CPU causes extreme render-time spikes. I read in hardewareluxx forum that its a "thing" with 2 CCD Ryzen CPU's. Some got it fixed by disabling one CCD.
would like to know if you encounter the same issue

i think i will try a new bios cuz im still on 4301

·
Registered
58 Posts

I get a horrible performance because the CPU causes extreme render-time spikes. I read in hardewareluxx forum that its a "thing" with 2 CCD Ryzen CPU's. Some got it fixed by disabling one CCD.

yeah the beta runs poorly on my 5900x + 3090 @ 3440x1440 the full release should be much better

·
Registered
229 Posts

The issue is still present kinda but there is a workaround till the patches comes out... I edit suggested here: ASUS ROG X570 Crosshair VIII Overclocking &amp... and ASUS ROG X570 Crosshair VIII Overclocking &amp... - went into bios and change CPPC options both to Enable and now the CPU is boosting on the best CCX plus better single-core behaviour I hope it helps you.

·
Overclocker
7,075 Posts
Hi guys,

finally found the courage to upgrade from 3600 to 5600x lol.

This is the result so far:

Font Screenshot Electronic device Software Technology

Not bad and stable so far :D

Maybe i can lower timings a bit but if this is stable im happy AF :D

• Rep+
Reactions: kratosatlante

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
13281 - 13300 of 13350 Posts