Overclock.net banner
13301 - 13320 of 13350 Posts

·
Overclocker
7,075 Posts
That looks fun.

Thnx. and it is man.

I dialed the 3800 MHz timings and it just worked on 4000 MHz too at even lower dram voltage. Instead of 1.500 i run 1.450V without issues so far. I can even run 2000 Mhz FCLK..

Stock the 5600x boosts up to 4.850 GHz too. Im happy so far but maybe i can get little more.

So far no WHEA errors either for 2 days.

• Rep+
Reactions: kratosatlante

·
Registered
32 Posts
Question for those on BIOS 4603: I have a 3800X and for some reason, since installing 4603, my BCLK is no longer at 100.0MHz as per HWiNFO64 (v. 7.12-4580 latest non-beta). I'm using Snapshot CPU Polling, most of all other settings are default except for Corsair Support (I have it disabled cuz I run iCue). Doesn't matter if I set 100.0MHz Manual in the UEFI, if I leave all AUTO or if I leave Manual and the actual BCLK at Auto, HWiNFO just reports 99.3MHz. Previously, things worked normally (i.e., at 100MHz BCLK)

·
Registered
32 Posts
Question for those on BIOS 4603: I have a 3800X and for some reason, since installing 4603, my BCLK is no longer at 100.0MHz as per HWiNFO64 (v. 7.12-4580 latest non-beta). I'm using Snapshot CPU Polling, most of all other settings are default except for Corsair Support (I have it disabled cuz I run iCue). Doesn't matter if I set 100.0MHz Manual in the UEFI, if I leave all AUTO or if I leave Manual and the actual BCLK at Auto, HWiNFO reports other values, like 98.6MHZ or 99.3MHz. Previously, things worked normally (i.e., at 100MHz BCLK)
I THINK I may have found the answer:

Recently I've enabled all security features available in Windows 10 via the Defender app. Most were already active, but I did enable one that wasn't called "Memory Integrity" (under Device Security -> "Core Isolation"). From what I understand it uses virtualization based security (VBS) to add another layer of security. I did enable this back when I first built this PC but it lead to multiple crashes in games and whatnot, so I disabled it back then. However,I've now followed a Microsoft tutorial (VBS Based Security Microsoft.com Tutorial). So, right now, I'm assuming I'm using a virtualized computer in some way and I believe that's whats messing up the HWiNFO64 readings from the BCLK. Just an FYI.

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
I THINK I may have found the answer:

Recently I've enabled all security features available in Windows 10 via the Defender app. Most were already active, but I did enable one that wasn't called "Memory Integrity" (under Device Security -> "Core Isolation"). From what I understand it uses virtualization based security (VBS) to add another layer of security. I did enable this back when I first built this PC but it lead to multiple crashes in games and whatnot, so I disabled it back then. However,I've now followed a Microsoft tutorial (VBS Based Security Microsoft.com Tutorial). So, right now, I'm assuming I'm using a virtualized computer in some way and I believe that's whats messing up the HWiNFO64 readings from the BCLK. Just an FYI.
Whenever I enable CPU Virtualization my BCLK droops too.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Anyone got any tips on getting rid of WHEA errors when using a FCLK of 2000? I tried upping the SOC voltage but it didn't help much. Not really sure what to tweak outside of dropping the FCLK and ram freq which I don't really want to do.

·
Overclocker
7,075 Posts
Anyone got any tips on getting rid of WHEA errors when using a FCLK of 2000? I tried upping the SOC voltage but it didn't help much. Not really sure what to tweak outside of dropping the FCLK and ram freq which I don't really want to do.
What CPU? I used to got them on 1900 fclk on my 3600 but now on my 5600x i am running 2000 and no issues.

What does the error say? What event etc. and do you feel instabilities when you get them?

·
Registered
111 Posts
What CPU? I used to got them on 1900 fclk on my 3600 but now on my 5600x i am running 2000 and no issues.

What does the error say? What event etc. and do you feel instabilities when you get them?
5950X it's event 19 and doesn't seem unstable but the suppression app thing to stop those showing up isn't working on win 11 for me

·
Overclocker
7,075 Posts
5950X it's event 19 and doesn't seem unstable but the suppression app thing to stop those showing up isn't working on win 11 for me
I had the same on my 3600 CPU man. I also seen Intel related to this. Sometimes i t can even cause crashes or reboots. Some say CPU is going to die and others say its Windows itself.. On the ROG forum i seen several people complain about this and had to RMA their chip. Hopefully its not needed in your case.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I've had this with my 3800X for some time, and since it comes and goes, I'm almost certain it's Windows. Lately, it's been stable as heck with BIOS 4603. It may also have something to do with driver compatibility (I have a 5700XT and it's notorious for presenting this issue). All my hardware works and passes almost all if not all tests/benchmarks. But in the past I've had experience with random reboots/black screens when gaming. I've tried every setting in the UEFI and nothing helped. Then, a few months later the issue would completely disappear. Then it'd come back after a while. Now it's been pretty stable for a few months now, no reboots and no Event 19 anymore (I used to have those daily, literally...). And I haven't changed anything about my setup (all parts are the same). I do believe my chip has some degradation (tho i've had it for a couple of years now so that's kinda to be expected - it doesn't boost to 4.4GHz in single core anymore, for instance). Although I don't care about 100 MHz anymore - don't get me wrong, I used to. Then I spent one year in this limbo space of having to daily drive an unstable rig which I also use for work due to the pandemic. I also believe it's somewhat specific to the setup, i.e. I do have a lot of iCue-related devices, like multiple LED strips, keyboard, RAM, etc. Also have lots of USB devices (webcam, microphone, mouse+keyboard, LS100 strips for my monitor, audio interface, bluetooth dongle, etc.). Some of those don't have the best driver implementation and that also links it more to the way Windows interacts with AMD CPUs and its respective chipsets. It's kind of a rabbit hole far deeper than I'd want to go today (after having peaked at it in the past like I said), because there are so so so many variables between software, drivers (VGA especially, in case of AMD's buggy as F*** video drivers), USB ports, internal USB ports, voltage drops, bugs in Windows etc. I'm just glad today everything just works. And no, I'm not planning on moving to Windows 11 anytime soon precisely because of all that I've mentioned.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Dropped my FCLK down to 1866 for now and don't get the WHEA errors. It seems to get much worse when using virtualization along with a lot of devices which I need for my daily use. I'll probs mess around with it some more and go back up to 2000 at a later date. Doesn't seem to make any real world different perf wise anyway.

·
Overclocker
7,075 Posts

·
Registered
2,385 Posts

·
Registered
989 Posts
Is this a b-die kit?
I can't be 100% but for me the timings sure looks like B-die, only things differing from my 1900MHz is trc and trfc which is higher of course at 2000MHz. And I can do with only 1.4V at 1900MHz.

·
Overclocker
7,075 Posts

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
Yes this is my G.Skill Trident Z NEO 3600 kit.
I can't be 100% but for me the timings sure looks like B-die, only things differing from my 1900MHz is trc and trfc which is higher of course at 2000MHz. And I can do with only 1.4V at 1900MHz.
Yeah, I was pretty certain it was with that tRFC of 200, but there were some other timings that I run tighter on my kit.

And I wish I had a 5900X to try my kits with so I could see if I could lower DRAM voltage with the same speed and timings on a different CPU.
Font Number Parallel Screenshot

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
Has anyone tried setting APBDIS to 1 and setting Fixed SOC Pstate to P0 when dealing with WHEA errors? Also, disabling DF Cstates?
Font Screenshot Software Slope Rectangle

Edit:
I still get them occasionally, but am curious if it would help those that get them frequently.

·
Overclocker
7,075 Posts
Yeah, I was pretty certain it was with that tRFC of 200, but there were some other timings that I run tighter on my kit.

And I wish I had a 5900X to try my kits with so I could see if I could lower DRAM voltage with the same speed and timings on a different CPU.
View attachment 2529112
I havent tinkered with the RAM for a while though. I just set it at 4000 MHz same timings and 2000 fclk and called it a day lol. I can run tighter maybe but idk, will test more tomorrow when i have more time.

5600x seems to be the best deal out of all the 5000 series imo. Its good overclocker and in gaming it gives the most bang for the buck.

·
Overclocker
7,075 Posts
Has anyone tried setting APBDIS to 1 and setting Fixed SOC Pstate to P0 when dealing with WHEA errors? Also, disabling DF Cstates?
View attachment 2529113

Edit:
I still get them occasionally, but am curious if it would help those that get them frequently.

WHEA errors mean that your CPU is dying or there is some kind of instability. Its random because instabilitie also comes random, one day you are stable the next not so much. I read from several other people that with ryzen 3000 they have this error and the CPU was going to die. They contacted AMD about it and they did an RMA and the problem never got back to them.

During WHEA error i got instabilitie issues as well and now on my 5600x i have not encountered a single issue. Everything works like a charm how it should.
I also heard horror stories about Ryzen 5000 so hopefully i get spared lol.

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
WHEA errors mean that your CPU is dying or there is some kind of instability. Its random because instabilitie also comes random, one day you are stable the next not so much. I read from several other people that with ryzen 3000 they have this error and the CPU was going to die. They contacted AMD about it and they did an RMA and the problem never got back to them.

During WHEA error i got instabilitie issues as well and now on my 5600x i have not encountered a single issue. Everything works like a charm how it should.
I also heard horror stories about Ryzen 5000 so hopefully i get spared lol.
Uh oh. I'm gonna have to check what the warranty is on a 3900X. I'm assuming it's run out.

Edit:
NVM. I didn't realize the warranty was 3 years. Shot off an e-mail to AMD and will see what they get back to me with.

13301 - 13320 of 13350 Posts