Overclock.net banner
13481 - 13497 of 13497 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi, after waiting for what feels like forever I have finally pulled the trigger and swapped from 2700x to 5600x.
I have installed the 4703 while at it, because with 2700x I was at 2603 or something. I have 2 issues, first of them being a below average CPU score on my 5600x. I am running default settings with 3600 CL14 Teamgroup RAM. I expected it to be at least average with these sticks even at XMP.

Rectangle Slope Plot Water Triangle

The other one is this metric in hwinfo. It was there even on 2700x but never bothered me until now.
Font Circle Magenta Display device Electric blue

If you guys can comment on the 5600x score I would be greatful, I'm not sure whether I should buy a cheap b550 mobo or is my 5600x a complete dud. It doesn't boost over 4650 and I'm not sure if that's the correct behavior. It's a clean windows installation after the swap of course. Cooling is Kraken x63.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi, after waiting for what feels like forever I have finally pulled the trigger and swapped from 2700x to 5600x.
I have installed the 4703 while at it, because with 2700x I was at 2603 or something. I have 2 issues, first of them being a below average CPU score on my 5600x. I am running default settings with 3600 CL14 Teamgroup RAM. I expected it to be at least average with these sticks even at XMP.

View attachment 2552959

The other one is this metric in hwinfo. It was there even on 2700x but never bothered me until now.
View attachment 2552960

If you guys can comment on the 5600x score I would be greatful, I'm not sure whether I should buy a cheap b550 mobo or is my 5600x a complete dud. It doesn't boost over 4650 and I'm not sure if that's the correct behavior. It's a clean windows installation after the swap of course. Cooling is Kraken x63.
Re-run the test today and now they are normal. Still don't understand the Power Reporting Deviation.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Re-run the test today and now they are normal. Still don't understand the Power Reporting Deviation.
Copied from HWiNFO64

“Power Reporting Deviation (Accuracy)
This value shows how accurately some of the power values (Core, SoC) are reported,
The BIOS plays an important role in ensuring how this mechanism works and if not properly configured it can result in large deviation from real power consumed.
100% means the power is accurately reported
100% means the BIOS uses settings that result in over-reporting of power, so the CPU thinks it runs at higher
power than it actually is

IMPORTANT NOTE: This value has a meaning under FULL CPU load only at default settings (no overclocking, offsets applied, etc.), in other conditions this value should not be taken into account.
Small differences from 100% are normal, but if the result is 110% it should be of concern
It is highly recommended to visit the HWINFO Forum for further details “

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
49 Posts
Hi all, just upgraded from a 2700x as well to a 5800x. i was looking at some videos to do some’dynamic overlocking’ the guy in the video calls it ‘dos’, enabling a manual overlock to a certain point and then pbo after. He was using a 570 board which had an option in Core Cpu ratio per CCX submenu for dynamic overclocking, is this possible with the CH7? Sorry been out of the game for a while, the 2700x i had was a poor overclocker, held back my memory as well. Anyway i’m on bios 4402, i think there are a few more new ones available which i haven’t looked at. Below is the video in question:

·
Registered
68 Posts
Hi all, just upgraded from a 2700x as well to a 5800x. i was looking at some videos to do some’dynamic overlocking’ the guy in the video calls it ‘dos’, enabling a manual overlock to a certain point and then pbo after. He was using a 570 board which had an option in Core Cpu ratio per CCX submenu for dynamic overclocking, is this possible with the CH7? Sorry been out of the game for a while, the 2700x i had was a poor overclocker, held back my memory as well. Anyway i’m on bios 4402, i think there are a few more new ones available which i haven’t looked at. Below is the video in question:

nah, the CH7 dont have dynamic OC. Also its the other way around: with lighter workloads its running PBO and after a certain threshold (how much amps the cpu is pulling) it switches to Manual OC
in my experience the whole PBO curve optimizer skit is a huge waste of time an pain in the ass to test. And in the end you only get slightly better performance in a few very lightly threaded apps (maybe you play counterstrike all day...then go for it^^) and more points in cinebench single...plus higher powerdraw. In modern apps, which uses multiple cores, my manual OC always is faster or at least on par with PBO while pulling less power. Also a stable manual OC makes RAM OC easier for stability testing.

But if u wanna look into PBO try "project hydra" its a software based dynamic OC
greetz

·
Computer Enthusiast
2,937 Posts
I'm thinking of (down)grading to B550, maybe the B550 Prime Plus, MSI B550 A-Pro or (up?)grading to X570 Prime plus. Any opinions?

Money is tight and I could make a few quid by doing this and selling the C7H - as sad as that would be!

Will I end up disappointed, or happier with what 550,570 brings to the table?

·
Computer Enthusiast
2,937 Posts
Well guys, tomorrow I'll no longer have an ASUS board for my 3900x as I'm moving to an MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk tomorrow. I'll be keeping an eye out here though from time to time.

I'll be interested to see how a B550 board handles the same CPU and RAM as I have now. I previously updated to the CH7 from the X370 Prime taking my 1700X and ram with me - which did get me some gains, so be interesting to see what B550 brings to the table.

I'm sure I will have another ASUS board sooner or later - been good knowing y'all 😎😎😎

Edit: Hey guys, after receiving a not working MSI board I returned it and got instead - an ASUS TUF Gaming B550M Plus, so will be in B550 threads now. I have to say it's interesting moving platform with same ram, cpu, everything - there are differences, enough to make me want to investigate more including faster ram and better single core performance...

·
Registered
51 Posts
5800x3d boost is advertised on amd's site with up to 4,5ghz, dont think those 4450 are that bad.Not sure, maybe to get 4,5ghz or more needs much better temps and or even more optimised agesas. cant test prices need to drop before ill get one.

·
Registered
68 Posts
What issue u talking about? With X3D? Mine is boosting to 4,55 on every core with very light app (boosttester). Games seems to cap at 4450mhz...but I haven't seen higher clocks in games on other users(without bclk oc)

13481 - 13497 of 13497 Posts