Overclock.net banner
13521 - 13533 of 13533 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
What are your temps? If I hit mine with Prime95 I get crazy numbers, and that's with 420 Liquid Freezer II
Also I'm not sure which of those are real temps anymore...
I haven't bothered to run any cpu heavy stress tests as you can't overclock the 5800x3d anyway I've only tuned my ram and used Tm5 anta777 extreme + karhu ramtest to test for stability

gaming my temps are fine sub 70c with an ek 360 aio with 6x120mm fans push/pull at low rpm

·
Registered
45 Posts
WOOOO this is nice!!

5800x3d 32gb 4x 8gb 3200mhz cl14 and XTXH 6900Xt

System is running smoothly so far with negative voltage offset plus level 1 LLC to introduce vDroop

• Rep+
Reactions: Wuest3nFuchs

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
WOOOO this is nice!!

5800x3d 32gb 4x 8gb 3200mhz cl14 and XTXH 6900Xt

System is running smoothly so far with negative voltage offset plus level 1 LLC to introduce vDroop
Any clock stretching?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Maybe someone can help me explain why my bios has a big black bar on top of the screen? Worked perfectly fine when i had my 5700XT GPU, upgraded to a 6700XT in May, and its been like this ever since. Tried different bioses, same issue. The buttons can still be used, I just can't see them. Anyone else have this issue? No issues once I get into Windows, everything works perfectly.

Attachments

·
Registered
68 Posts
Maybe someone can help me explain why my bios has a big black bar on top of the screen? Worked perfectly fine when i had my 5700XT GPU, upgraded to a 6700XT in May, and its been like this ever since. Tried different bioses, same issue. The buttons can still be used, I just can't see them. Anyone else have this issue? No issues once I get into Windows, everything works perfectly.
have you tried connecting your display to a different port on your gpu or try different display cables?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Any clock stretching?
At -0.1000mv no noticeable clock stretching(results for Firestrike and Timespy are within margin of error), but going to -0.18750mv there is some heavy clock stretching, 15% from CPU score on firestrike and 8.7% on Time Spy CPU Score
Could you share your voltage offset value? Im upgrading to 5800x3d soon, maybe 5800x not positive yet.
I found my perfect balance is at -0.1000mv + LLC at level 1 on this board. This introduces heavy vDroop without dipping into the clock stretching that Ryzen has.

If you're gaming at 1440p/4k -0.18750mv is perfect with LLC at level 1.

Keep in mind, this is not touching PBO at all, purely stock 5800x3D.

·
Registered
68 Posts
This new Bios version (4901) breaks Asus AI Suite 3. I had to downgrade bios to get AI Suite to work again.
My Rig is :
ROG CROSSHAIR VII HERO (WI-FI)
AMD X470 chipset
CPU Ryzen 7 2700X
Windows 10 x64
Is AI suite useful ? I though it was just Asus junkware

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
On my 5800X I cannot seem to reach the same boost clocks I did with the previous BIOS 4703. The other weird bit is that far greater negative offsets don't result in clock-stretching. It's odd.
Edit:
NVM. I am an idiot and completely forgot about Curve Optimizer. I also forgot what my stable settings were though this BIOS does seem to suffer less from clock stretching.

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
Did I do something to cause it or does this BIOS cap max voltage at 1.4V?

Edit:
It appears that when you manually set EDC it caps the voltage. So I was using an EDC of 142 and couple with a negative offset of .025 I was capped at 1.4V. When I changed EDC to Auto voltage went back to the normal max of 1.5V

13521 - 13533 of 13533 Posts