Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok i have a diamond viper 9600xt. I dled some soft mod but when i try to boot the screen stays off. how do ilike roll the driver back? lol i dunno where to find it

·
Premium Member
4,555 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr.N00bLaR

Ok i have a diamond viper 9600xt. I dled some soft mod but when i try to boot the screen stays off. how do ilike roll the driver back? lol i dunno where to find it

If you flashed your VGA bios, you'll need a PCI video card so you can boot with it and flash the other card back to the old bios.

·
Banned
4,410 Posts
try to UN-clock it my 9600xt if I take click to high I get a black screen ........un-clock and start over for the mod you D\\L

·
Premium Member
6,392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i dun gotta pci card....any other way?
i cant unclock it cuz the only way i can see anythingon the monitor is to take the card out and if i take it out i cant access the clock options

·
Premium Member
4,555 Posts
Quote:

i dun gotta pci card....any other way?
i cant unclock it cuz the only way i can see anythingon the monitor is to take the card out and if i take it out i cant access the clock options

I didnt see that you had intergrated graphics.. That'll work, just go into your bios and where it says primary video device or something of that sort set it to integrated instead of auto or agp and you should be able to see stuff in your monitor (connected to integrated graphics) with the other card still in the agp slot.

Then you can flash the bios, lower clocks, uninstall the mod... In other words reverse what you did..

·
Premium Member
6,392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Uhhh ok i did that wait hoe do i change the bios back on the video card?????

·
Premium Member
4,555 Posts
Quote:

Uhhh ok i did that wait hoe do i change the bios back on the video card?????

If you flashed the bios, you need to do the exact same thing, but instead of using the file you downloaded before, you need to download you card's original bios and flash with those.

·
Premium Member
6,392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
uhh...im confused....
dl the orignal bios thing and re-install or boot insafemode? isnt thatstuff on the install cd?

·
Premium Member
4,555 Posts
Quote:

uhh...im confused....
dl the orignal bios thing and re-install or boot insafemode? isnt thatstuff on the install cd?

First off all did you flash your bios??? or did something else???

If you flashed your bios, you need to flash back to you stockones, you might wanna try the card manufacturer's website or something. I doubt they'll be in the CD usually they only include Video drivers and demos.

If you changed your clockspeeds or did something @ driver level, not bios, then you can solve that by just uninstalling the drivers/using drivercleaner for you ATI card and installing new/unmodified drivers.

·
Premium Member
6,392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
ehh i dunno if i flashed it i dled and set up some mod a friend told me to get..?

·
Premium Member
6,392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Uhh i tried unistalling...twice it never goes away...lol....
formatt time? lol...

·
Premium Member
6,392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I must have flashed the bios cuz i cant change the drivers cuz the freakin card cant be in the mother obard when i turn it on so...i went to the diamond site...it blows...im confused still lol

·
Premium Member
4,555 Posts
Quote:

Uhh i tried unistalling...twice it never goes away...lol....
formatt time? lol...

Did you uninstall the mod and video drivers??? Or maybe the mod goes deep in the registry and cant be removed like that...

Can you point me to what you downloaded??? So I can download it and study it???

·
Premium Member
6,392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
softmod.wxp-w2k-catalyst-8-09-041221m-020455c

theres the ****ing evul mod lol./..

·
Premium Member
4,555 Posts
Quote:

softmod.wxp-w2k-catalyst-8-09-041221m-020455c

theres the ****ing evul mod lol./..

I did a bit of research and you just have to get it uninstalled. If you have system restore on you can restore back to a date before the mod, or if nothing else works then formatt/reinstall windows.

You didnt flash your bios so forget that.

·
Premium Member
6,392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Yeah and my a friend where palying around with my comp for like 3 hours last night. We have come tothe conclusion a version of windows xp pro shall fall out of the sky and ill be formatting lol....

·
Premium Member
6,392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Oh ops didnt say before i tried restoring to sunday before i installed any of this junk lol it did nothing..( have had situations before where i needed to try that but it never works...)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts