Overclock.net banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,743 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok i think charity is cool and all but if you think about it the ronald mcdonald house charity is ironically kinda silly...

think about it it helps children get clothes and better schooling and stuff like that.... and in return they end up working at mcdonalds getting paid minimum wage , i think this is not helping much....

so what i gots to say to ronnie is give your employees more money thenthey can afford to buy there kids clothes and possibbly send them to colege and get real jobs....

but then again if they go to colege then who will work at mcdonalds???

·
Premium Member
1,559 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by spookedjunglist

Ok i think charity is cool and all but if you think about it the ronald mcdonald house charity is ironically kinda silly...

think about it it helps children get clothes and better schooling and stuff like that.... and in return they end up working at mcdonalds getting paid minimum wage , i think this is not helping much....

so what i gots to say to ronnie is give your employees more money thenthey can afford to buy there kids clothes and possibbly send them to colege and get real jobs....

but then again if they go to colege then who will work at mcdonalds???

The Ronald McDonald House does a lot more than that. Their charity is more beneficial to families with sick children. I have seen some of their work first hand when my daughter was born. The charity you described is good for children that live in poor communities, live in broken homes, and don't have a lot of the resources that you and I may have. I wouldn't call it silly, it does give the unfortunate children a better chance. What pisses me off is the familes who take advantage of it.

·
Premium Member
8,743 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Quote:

Originally Posted by archer_456

The Ronald McDonald House does a lot more than that. Their charity is more beneficial to families with sick children. I have seen some of their work first hand when my daughter was born. The charity you described is good for children that live in poor communities, live in broken homes, and don't have a lot of the resources that you and I may have. I wouldn't call it silly, it does give the unfortunate children a better chance. What pisses me off is the familes who take advantage of it.

archer i just needed to post something while eating my quarter pownder with cheese and a vision came to me off the side of my medium coke

yeah the people who take advantage of it should work at mcdonalds...
but i still think our country would be a better place if people would start eating
at local smaller businesses instead of capitilizing corporations....

but im a hypocrit because i ate Mc Ds tonight.... but i kinda didnt want to eat anywhere else

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
Ronal McDonald house is a very worthwhile cause. Any charity is, unless you are donating your money to the ACLU or MANBLA. I think it is wonderful that a "capitalizing corporation" like McDonalds is giving something back to the communities that they participate in.

McDonalds paying minimum wage is perfectly fine by me. How much would you be willing to pay for a Quarter Pounder? $15? That is what it would cost if they had to pay everyone $10/hr, health, dental, etc. If people want more money, they need to get an education and find a better job. Period. That is the only way to get ahead in life. There are opportunities for everyone to get an education, even if your family is poor. Financial aid and student loans are great! People just need to take advantage of them. I joined the Navy at 18, got a great skill and took advantage of the college fund. Now I have a full-time job that pays $27/hr with full health, dental and other benefits. I am using my college fund to attend school full time in the evening and will have my BS in another year. That is how you get ahead. Not complaining to the government that minimum wage is too low.:aacool:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts