Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,520 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've found that even a 500GB isn't quite enough for me, as I've all but filled it. Even after deleting everything that I can't justify keeping, I only have 90GB of space left, and that shrinks with each additional Steam game I download. I also want to upgrade to Windows 7 at some point, and then I'll need space to back up all my stuff until I can see what I need to keep from my Vista install.

Unfortunately, my Antec 900 has a problem. Due to the cables of my TX750 taking up the bottom HDD bay, and my huge graphics card, I don't have space for more than two traditional hard drives. Right now my SSD is just hanging out, dangling by my PSU.

So I'm looking for a large case with very good cable management and lots of space for drives. I think my final drive configuration is going to be:

OCZ Agility 60GB SSD
2x WD Caviar Black 500GB (ICH10R RAID 0)
1x WD Caviar SE 320GB
1x Samsung F3 1TB

So I'll need room for five drives total, taking into account any bays that might be blocked by an 11" graphics card and PSU cables. I also like a minimalist look; I'd really like the Antec P183 if it didn't have that stupid door, and the ugly mesh behind it. Maybe a P183 interior with an Antec NSK6582 front?

So what's out there?

·
Premium Member
16,520 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Quote:

Originally Posted by bootscamp
View Post

HAF 932 or X

Good job reading past the first paragraph.

The HAF X looks like something that came out Megatron's back end after eating Taco Bell for a week.

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Phaedrus2129
View Post

Good job reading past the first paragraph.

The HAF X looks like something that came out Megatron's back end after eating Taco Bell for a week.

Taco Bell can do that to you. Usually it's the Volcano Tacos.

·
Registered
4,172 Posts
i have the antec 902 and have 2.5" drives to overcome this problem lol. you could just try a shuffle round.
aka

hdd cage
hdd cage
hdd cage
dvd drive case is 9 bays long
hdd cage
hdd cage
hdd cage
blank front
blank front

this could help as your graphics card wont block the top caddy and maybe not the bottom of the second and your wires could sit behind the blanks insted in the hdd cage

·
Premium Member
16,520 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The Raven is certainly interesting. I don't know if the RV02 has enough drive bays though. The RV01 has a bit better styling, or it would if it didn't have the side window, but it's more expensive too. But then it definitely has room for a lot more drives.

What else have you got?

·
Premium Member
7,017 Posts
What happened to the other drive cage? Technically the Antec 900 has support for nine HDD or optical drives.

·
Premium Member
16,520 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Oh, and I just remembered, the PSU has to be able to sit fan down. The problem I have is that my TX750 has to sit upside down (fan up) or it doesn't get enough air and the fan revs up a bit during gaming. So that means that the SATA connectors are upside down, which makes cable management atrocious. So I can't just rearrange the drive bays. That might help a little, but I really need something with cable management that doesn't make me want to stab someone.

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Phaedrus2129 View Post
Oh, and I just remembered, the PSU has to be able to sit fan down. The problem I have is that my TX750 has to sit upside down (fan up) or it doesn't get enough air and the fan revs up a bit during gaming. So that means that the SATA connectors are upside down, which makes cable management atrocious. So I can't just rearrange the drive bays. That might help a little, but I really need something with cable management that doesn't make me want to stab someone.
Corsair 700D, Lancools usually have good Cable management.

·
Registered
826 Posts
Another vote for the Corsair 700D, or maybe an 800D if you wanna spend a little more....

I love my 800D.... lots and lots of room!!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts