Overclock.net banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so my room temp is around 23c. My idle core air cooled temps is around 40c with a e6300 @ 2.33 stable. load is 47c

How close to room temps can WC get me?

What setup would?

Thanks

·
Programmer
2,869 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by m3nf View Post
From what i read on posts you would get a few c above room temp on water cooling. So around 27 and 37 i go for. But hay i am a noob here lol, but search helped me on this one

You're actually pretty close. It would depend on what his WC loop consisted of, but with water you'll be really close to room temperatures with the right setup.

Even still, if you cheaped out on a few components of the loop, you would get better temps than what you are now.

How much would you want to spend?

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm thinking that $400 would be the max, but less is better as long as it doesn't mean less quality.

I like coolit's freezone setup, but I have heard that there may be pump problems. So I was considering tec cooling combined with water cooling, but coolit seems to be the only one building it?

·
Premium Member
65,162 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by john55576 View Post
Ok, so my room temp is around 23c. My idle core air cooled temps is around 40c with a e6300 @ 2.33 stable. load is 47c

What setup would?

Thanks
I have a Opty 165 which runs hotter than a Core 2 Duo.

My room temps are about 23-24C. My idle temps are usually .5C above ambient. My loads temps are like 30-31C. Oh, plus my PC is nearly silent.

With a good loop, you can get your temps way down.

·
Premium Member
7,862 Posts
If you build a custom kit, with say, a Dtek block, a killer pump, a 3x120mm rad and all, i've seen people get as cool as ambients on idle.

·
Premium Member
8,252 Posts
Quote:

I like coolit's freezone setup, but I have heard that there may be pump problems. So I was considering tec cooling combined with water cooling, but coolit seems to be the only one building it?
for the love of god and all that is holy, don't get the freezone.

look around the forums and you can find all sorts of information on good components

you could use these components for instance:

http://www.moddersmart.com/index.php...duct_id=138#15

http://www.svc.com/storm.html

and a good pump, some of the more experience forum surfers such as DuckieHo might be able to help you. Or just read through them your self and see what everyone else is using/suggesting.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Quote:

What setup would?

Thanks
Get OC'ing that room! open the window (for better cooling) get a nice rug.. errrmm.. ran out of ideas

·
Premium Member
22,477 Posts
I would idle at 4-5C above whatever room ambient was and load at 7-9C above whatever room ambient was...Thats on a 150 opty at 3019mhz and a 1.55 V-Core....

Something like this would make a decent rig....

CPU..fstfrddy makes us a good block or the Fuzion...

...Stinger Water Blocks

...Fuzion CPU Block

Pump

...D-5

Rad..

...Stealth GTS 360

Rad fan, use a shroud with it to...

...Panaflo 86.5CFM

Tubing...I like this on 1/2" barbs it will flow about as well as full 1/2" and is more compact..

...7/16x5/8" Masterkleer

Full 1/2x3/4"..

...1/2x3/4" Masterkleer

Good stuff to read...

...Water Cooling in English

...Assembling your Custom Watercooling Setup

...Bleeding my WC setup...

...D-Tek Fuzion install tip! (Or Why You Should Clean New Blocks)

...PC Water Coolant Chemistry - Part I

...Part 1-Temp's With and With-Out Shrouds

...How To: Build A Performance Shroud

·
Premium Member
22,477 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by ChielScape View Post
didnt you recommend the GTX over the GTS last time?

No not unless I put the wrong link in...A 360 GTS is fine for a CPU and GPU...Now with a quad-core I would go with a GTX 360 or 480...

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
How about this....

D-TEK FuZion Universal CPU Waterblock - 1/2"

Laing D5 Vario/Swiftech MCP655 Inline 12V DC Pump

HW Labs Black Ice Xtreme 120mm Radiator

If I need a bigger rad then Im going to have to get another case.

·
Premium Member
22,477 Posts
Quote:

How about this....

D-TEK FuZion Universal CPU Waterblock - 1/2"

Laing D5 Vario/Swiftech MCP655 Inline 12V DC Pump

HW Labs Black Ice Xtreme 120mm Radiator

If I need a bigger rad then Im going to have to get another case.

I would get at least a 240 rad for a cpu and a 360 rad for cpu and gpu...You can always hang it on the back of your case on a rad-box...Make a little air diverter out of something to blow the psu exhaust away from the rad..I used a piece of bleach jug that I painted black and made a semi-circle with that blew the air out to the sides you couldn't hardly see it..You can do the same with the GPU exhaust also...

...Rad-Box

1 - 16 of 16 Posts