Overclock.net banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I got a G1 phone (yeah I know it's old) and I want to overclock it and root it to the latest android version. I don't know how to be going by this since I'm super new to this but any help or anything would mean a great deal to me.

Someone told me about cyanogen or something like that but not to sure what it's about. I just like to get the most out of this phone until my contract ends...

Again any help would be great.

·
Premium Member
7,040 Posts
Head over to xda developers (google it), go to their forums, go to the g1 subforum and go to the development category. There will be guides galore in there, make sure to look at the stickies first.

That is all you will need

Edit to overlock you will need to buy an app called setcpu, its $2 but is worth it. Don't buy it or mess around with it until you root and install a modded Rom though.
Sent using tapatalk. Get over it

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cretz
View Post

http://theunlockr.com/category/howto...dream-how-tos/

Have fun. Remember to follow each step very carefully.

Okay I finally rooted my phone and now Im at this step http://theunlockr.com/2010/10/12/how...-root-methods/ I downloaded the ROM manager and I have to "Flash ClockworkMod Recovery" and when I do that I select phone model and then it does it thing then it stops and gives me this freaking error.. "an error occurred while attempting to run privileged commands" Now I'm stuck at this part and don't know what to do... Any help will be helpful...

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ya I saw the icon "superuser" there but I'm stuck at that freaking error lol.

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
This phone does NOT want to be hacked, tried every possible way known to man and it does not work.

·
Premium Member
6,867 Posts
Clockwork and the Dream do not play well together. Amon RA all day long.

P.S. Use the guide in the Cyanogen wiki, it is nearly impossible to screw things up unless you choose not to follow the guide.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts