Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Source
Quote:
Sweet, sweet Internet,

You waited more-or-less patiently for over a month, so at long last, here it is-- an alpha version of CyanogenMod 7.1.0 (an enhanced version of Google's Android 2.3) for the TouchPad.

Understand, this version is definitely an alpha, with all that implies. Those expecting perfection will be sorely disappointed. Many things won't work as well as they will eventually. But you wanted it ASAP, and hopefully, this version should be somewhat useable and gives a sense of progress.

With that said, let's answer some questions, FAQ style.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
9,000 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by xlink;15289433
Excellent. I'll place this on my TP come beta.
Same.

Hoping for a better experience since HP basically neutered the touchpad's top of the line hardware with unnecessary software layers.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
214 Posts
I have this setup at the moment and its working quite fine.

I don't know about battery life but I assume that plus some minor bugs that might occur after more then 2 hour of usage thus far
tongue.gif


still even tho its early to say, I am in love with it and if this is what the cm devs consider alpha, I can not wait for a more "final" build
smile.gif
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
12,224 Posts
Do you guys think its worth loading on, or waiting a little longer for a non-alpha version?

Man I really want a second TouchPad.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
12,224 Posts
Mine isn't, but mainly because my girlfriend uses it when I drag her to LAN at my friends on the weekends. I even bought the HP case and wireless keyboard for her, they are really awesome.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,270 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by DoomDash
View Post

Do you guys think its worth loading on, or waiting a little longer for a non-alpha version?

Man I really want a second TouchPad.

Just installed it on my TP. It's pretty neat.

You can dual-boot if you make sure to include moboot when you first install CM.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
65,162 Posts
My Touchpad is still broken with buzzing speaker.... I sent in for RMA and they did NOTHING except send it back. They said they would replace over a week ago but have nothing to replace it with...

I won't switch until Honeycomb or Ice Cream Sandwich since they are so nice for tablets!
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
12,224 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ehpexs;15295295
I think I may have bricked my touchpad. My rig failed to recognize the touchpad's usb drivers when it restarted and now the thing is unresponsive.

I'm going to try it with my laptop, but I think I have a nice $100 paperweight.
Did you try holding the HP button with the power button for 15 seconds?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,217 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by razor950;15292821
I have this setup at the moment and its working quite fine.

I don't know about battery life but I assume that plus some minor bugs that might occur after more then 2 hour of usage thus far
tongue.gif


still even tho its early to say, I am in love with it and if this is what the cm devs consider alpha, I can not wait for a more "final" build
smile.gif
Battery life is supposedly dropping 2% an hour during sleep with wifi on.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ehpexs;15295295
I think I may have bricked my touchpad. My rig failed to recognize the touchpad's usb drivers when it restarted and now the thing is unresponsive.

I'm going to try it with my laptop, but I think I have a nice $100 paperweight.
Bricking these are next to impossible.....unless you're a CM dev (which they killed 2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckieHo;15295428
My Touchpad is still broken with buzzing speaker.... I sent in for RMA and they did NOTHING except send it back. They said they would replace over a week ago but have nothing to replace it with...

I won't switch until Honeycomb or Ice Cream Sandwich since they are so nice for tablets!
What's wrong with this for tablets? All the applications I have tried scale great and the included Tablet Tweaks makes it very usable.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
12,224 Posts
I'm attempting the install, but I've ran into a problem. I am at the point where I am in command prompt typing in "novacom boot mem:// < ACMEInstaller", but when I do it says access denied. I have my cmd running as admin and I'm at a loss.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
12,224 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoomDash;15296434
I'm attempting the install, but I've ran into a problem. I am at the point where I am in command prompt typing in "novacom boot mem:// < ACMEInstaller", but when I do it says access denied. I have my cmd running as admin and I'm at a loss.
NVM Got it.
 
1 - 20 of 40 Posts
Top