Overclock.net banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those that love the shape of the Microsoft Intellimouse 3.0. Check this out: https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826193114

The shape, for all intents and purposes, is pretty much identical to the IME 3.0. It has rubber grips on the side and more standard forward and back mouse side buttons (no bulbous bump on the forward button). The scroll wheel is a bit larger and is very smooth in its scroll action. Not a very steppy/pronounced interval like on the IME 3.0. It's not a terrible scroll wheel, but I like the IME 3.0 one slightly better. It also has a DPI button on the top that the IME 3.0 lacks. Software is decent and RGB implementation looks nice. I bought the Intellimouse Classic edition also and find the sensor on the M55 to feel more precise, but I am by no means a pro gamer and wouldn't really know how to do a scientific test on the matter.

The unknown variable and the main reason I am posting, is the sensor. It is listed as the A4090. Seems to be a new one released this year. I can't find any info or professional reviews of it on the web. Anyone know if it's any good. Is it a brand new sensor or a rebrand of an older one?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply! Just curious why they would call it an A4090 if it is the 3310? Says it's 6000 DPI vs. 5000 for the 3310. If it's really the PMW3310 then I'm going to buy like 4 of these since I love the shape so much!

·
Registered
127 Posts
That's rather yet another cm storm alcor rebrand (shape and size are different than IME 3.0), cm storm mm530 would be a better choice than this, due to pmw3360.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I have heard really good things about this brand but sadly it is not available in my country at all. I have a friend who has a headset from them and the mic sounds amazing, it's quality is similar to that of sennheiser headset mic easily and imo even better.

·
Registered
378 Posts
This is a really good mouse albeit a bit heavy. I still have some internal pictures from when I opened it.

You need an expert like woll or qsxcv to confirm but I think this sensor is related to the 3320.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks equilix! Appreciate the pictures and insight. I'm new here so I'm not sure how to get a hold of the people you mentioned. So, it seems like it might be a decent sensor?

·
Mmmm donuts.....
637 Posts
Very nice.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomadgaming View Post

Thanks equilix! Appreciate the pictures and insight. I'm new here so I'm not sure how to get a hold of the people you mentioned. So, it seems like it might be a decent sensor?
I used it for a couple weeks and never noticed any glaring issues with the sensor so I would say it's decent. The cable is horrendous though. I cable bungee or cable replacement is 100% required for long term use.

·
Overclocker
11,684 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomadgaming View Post

For those that love the shape of the Microsoft Intellimouse 3.0. Check this out: https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826193114

The shape, for all intents and purposes, is pretty much identical to the IME 3.0. It has rubber grips on the side and more standard forward and back mouse side buttons (no bulbous bump on the forward button). The scroll wheel is a bit larger and is very smooth in its scroll action. Not a very steppy/pronounced interval like on the IME 3.0. It's not a terrible scroll wheel, but I like the IME 3.0 one slightly better. It also has a DPI button on the top that the IME 3.0 lacks. Software is decent and RGB implementation looks nice. I bought the Intellimouse Classic edition also and find the sensor on the M55 to feel more precise, but I am by no means a pro gamer and wouldn't really know how to do a scientific test on the matter.

The unknown variable and the main reason I am posting, is the sensor. It is listed as the A4090. Seems to be a new one released this year. I can't find any info or professional reviews of it on the web. Anyone know if it's any good. Is it a brand new sensor or a rebrand of an older one?
Looks similar to previously released mice if not just yet another copy from the same shell mold.

Definitely looks similar to the M50 but with different top shell.
Not Alcor based but M50 mold based.
Quote:
M50 is not good, it has unsplit buttons, a no go for me and why I passed on it.

I for one do not like these smaller side buttons one bit, on any mouse, especially when they put them too much forward as well. The hump on forward side button on IE3.0 was great. The larger well placed side buttons on IE3.0 were good shape wise, and why I also like the G403 the side buttons are large and easily adapt to any grip and hand placement.

I would rather take this Rosewill M55 clone than the Ozone M50. Good find, sadly will probably never be worldwide available.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
The side buttons hit the thumb in pretty much the same spot. The main difference is that they are not as tall and the back button extends back a little further on the IME. I don't notice much of a difference in placement regarding their functionality, and the buttons have a better click on the Rosewill. Guess it really depends on your hand size and how far your thumb reaches forward. The extra length for the back button might be easier to click for someone with a shorter thumb.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts