Overclock.net banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So there's a deal on the egg right now.. this PSU is going for $50 bucks right now after promo code.. Is it worth it?

Will this psu be "quality"?
I'm on a tight budget, corsairs look nice and all.. but they're on the very high side of my budget.

What makes PSU's like corsair's "quality" and "unable" to like,fry?, your pc, ect?

·
Registered
2,257 Posts

·
The Fabricat0r
5,934 Posts
It's an ATNG built unit. I wouldn't call it bad, but it built cheaply with a single layer PCB and less than stellar caps. That Corsair is a much better unit, but at 400W it is fairly limited to what it can run. The Rosewill comes in at $56 shipped after the promo code. If you didn't mind rebates this is what I would go for: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16817341010. It is still isn't as the Corsair in build quality, but it is better than the Rosewill.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by shinji2k View Post
It's an ATNG built unit. I wouldn't call it bad, but it built cheaply with a single layer PCB and less than stellar caps. That Corsair is a much better unit, but at 400W it is fairly limited to what it can run. The Rosewill comes in at $56 shipped after the promo code. If you didn't mind rebates this is what I would go for: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16817341010. It is still isn't as the Corsair in build quality, but it is better than the Rosewill.
Thank you, I'm going to go with OCZ. +rep

·
The Fabricat0r
5,934 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by burndollars View Post
I just saw this deal too in the newsletter.. an additional $10 promo code brings it to $59.99 .... Seems good to me.. any expert opinions?
We don't know for sure about the 400 and 550W Fatal1ty but from the pics on newegg I'm pretty sure it is the same build as the ModX Pro from Sirtec/Sirfa. Nothing amazing but not bad either. With the promo code and rebate it's a pretty good deal for a somewhat decent modular 550W unit.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by shinji2k View Post
We don't know for sure about the 400 and 550W Fatal1ty but from the pics on newegg I'm pretty sure it is the same build as the ModX Pro from Sirtec/Sirfa. Nothing amazing but not bad either. With the promo code and rebate it's a pretty good deal for a somewhat decent modular 550W unit.
Hmm.. I thought I was sold on the 600w stealthxstream but this one is 10 dollars (and 50w) less --but im sure more than enough to power a mediocre gaming machine (xfire 4830's-- big wow)
thanks shinji2k --you're really reassuring
+rep
-
-
Probably going to check out the "Modx" non-fatality versions first then, to see if they're any cheaper
-
I'm probably making a PSU buy harder than it has to be. I can't decide!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.