Overclock.net banner
21 - 40 of 104 Posts

·
Banned
226 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by archer_456

You shouldn't worry about it, make a real small incision between the wires and pull them apart.

theyre too small and too fragile

·
Premium Member
13,844 Posts
i'm doing the # 3 version, electrical tape...gonna do a 40 soon, then an 80...one shot, if i feck it up, i'm fuxxored...
lol, i have the greatest vocab ever!

·
Registered
178 Posts
I actually got rid of all my rounded cables in favor of flat ribbon cables, the flat cables are so much easier to hide in a case, except where mine actually plug into the motherboard and drives, you can't even tell they are in there. Just fold them and use a little doublesided tape to tuck them out of the way.

Great write up though, a lot of people probably would never have the guts to cut thier cables if you didn't show them how.

·
Premium Member
1,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Natel

Great write up though, a lot of people probably would never have the guts to cut thier cables if you didn't show them how.

Thanks, I was hoping this would guide would be helpful. I also found another version of the round IDE cable. It's pretty much the same as the sleeved cable but is accented by ELwire wrapped around it. Looks pretty cool.

If anyone can think of anymore modding guides that we need, let us know. I am always looking forward to making some.

·
Premium Member
13,844 Posts
i needa make a guide...any ideas?
Quote:

Originally Posted by archer_456

Thanks, I was hoping this would guide would be helpful. I also found another version of the round IDE cable. It's pretty much the same as the sleeved cable but is accented by ELwire wrapped around it. Looks pretty cool.

If anyone can think of anymore modding guides that we need, let us know. I am always looking forward to making some.

·
Premium Member
13,104 Posts
haha nice man

my ribbons are already black so the electrical tape will look good

the main drive is sata so it doesnt take up any room, i really gotta do some cable management

·
Premium Member
13,844 Posts
have a peek at my guide. in my sig.
Quote:

Originally Posted by bigval

haha nice man

my ribbons are already black so the electrical tape will look good

the main drive is sata so it doesnt take up any room, i really gotta do some cable management

·
Premium Member
13,104 Posts
you know how there's 3 connectors on a ribbon? well if i just need the top one and the bottom one can i remove the one in the middle?

they remove easily but i'm just wondering if i remove it if the cable will still work properly

·
Premium Member
13,104 Posts
anyone?? i wanna attempt this tonight and i dont wanna ruin my ribbon cause its black and i dont have another black one lol..

so can i remove the middle connector or what

·
Premium Member
13,104 Posts
well i went ahead and did it myself.. havent tried the cable yet though lol

·
Premium Member
13,104 Posts
it works!

·
Premium Member
13,104 Posts
well the electrical tape looks like crap lol

i like your idea much better with the mesh and heatshrink tubing

where can i get some of that mesh?? home depot? if so where abouts in the store?

·
Premium Member
13,104 Posts
i dont want to order it online because im 17 and i have no credit card

21 - 40 of 104 Posts