Overclock.net banner
41 - 60 of 104 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,104 Posts
you dont know of any stores where i can physically buy it? i live in canada, we have home depot and all that

·
Premium Member
1,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by bigval

you dont know of any stores where i can physically buy it? i live in canada, we have home depot and all that

I don't know much about the physical stores in Canada, but if you have a Comp Usa, I think I have seen it there. Thats the only place I know of that you may be able to physically pick it up. Your best bet for wire sleeving is online. If you want to go with the wire loom, you can get it from most any hardware stores like Home Depot or Lowes.

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
there is always teh option of going out and buying some High Quality Rounds cables, from some place, i'm not sure which are best, but get a brand name we've all heard of, i think coolermaster makes round cables, but for some reason i would doubt there quality :S that's just me though...

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
yeah $2 more, but what about if you already have cables, and you then have to go and spend a lot more than $2 to get another 4 cables??? that is why i resorted to this guide, plus IMO these are much more flexible than Round cables, thus making it easier to hide them, and to bend them form drive to drive if they are positioned closely

·
Registered
2,338 Posts
Hey i just sleeved my cd drive ide and it looks good, then I finished my floppy cable and figured out that it had one of the holes for the pin filled in and wont fit in my mobo. I may have used a dell cable, can i drill a small hole in the connector so it will fit on the mobo or do i need that pin?

·
Registered
2,338 Posts
yeah, I had two cables, one with 34 pin holes and the one i sleeved has 33. If you know why i am curious, its not a huge deal, i had thought about just buying some pre made cables and i almost never use the flopp drive anyway.

41 - 60 of 104 Posts