Overclock.net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,880 Posts
check your connection speed to your router. if its fluctuating heavily, like constantly going from max speed down to like 24mb, then its overheating. My ASUS RT-N16 did that.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I download as fast as I normally do. And I'm not SURE but friends on AIM say I log off and come back every ten minutes. Also, when I was on my xbox 360 It would lag the game for like 5-10 seconds and go back to normal(happens often). Those things didn't happen before
I got the router.

·
Registered
2,880 Posts
Not your internet connection - your connection speed to your router. Most internet connections don't come close to using the full transfer speed of a modern router.

Click the wireless icon in the taskbar and check the wireless status. It'll show your wireless connection speed.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm not using the wireless, everything is plugged in via ethernet cord. Should I still check the wireless status?

·
Registered
181 Posts
Try power cycling (or resetting if it doesn't work) your router, that has helped mine before. Maybe even look for a firmware update for your router?

·
Car cheaper than computer
3,049 Posts
The route likely has to clear the active sessions table a lot since it has very little space, just install untangle on an old computer.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts