Overclock.net banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright, so I'm looking for a new router, as my one is pathetic, keeps cutting out and has nothing to do with the internet connection. I don't want to go over 80 dollars, and any help would be extremely appreciated.

Thanks!

·
Registered
70 Posts
Depends on what you need. If you're talking wireless and you aren't concerned with wired speed from system to system the Netgear N600 has served us well at my parents house. My buddy has been running his Belkin N+ for coming up on 4 years now and still says he loves it (good solution if you have a larger place and want good even coverage). I'm running a more expensive Linksys E3200 at my place...I've been extremely happy with it but it did set me back $135 when I picked it up a year or two ago.

If you are talking wired...that's a different animal altogether.

This is just my opinion based on my experiences though. I'm sure there's a few folks that would disagree...

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Lol, my bad.

It's for wireless, I don't care much for wired! xD

Could someone also suggest a good wireless pickup thing you place inside the computer? Can't remeber what they're called.

·
Registered
70 Posts
In that case, I've had really good luck with the Rosewill N600PCE cards. Their little PCIe cards that have some awesome pickup power (was still giving us 3 bars one floor down on the opposite side of my uncle's house from where we parked his router). Newegg has them for $30 right now.
thumb.gif

1 - 10 of 10 Posts