Overclock.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,990 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Christmas is coming, So Is my Prescott!

I was just wondering since I'll have another whole computer when I buy another CPU, would It be better to run the Celeron @3.4 as a router? Or would I be better off to just stick with my router?

·
Registered
192 Posts
I would use the router. Set the other computer up for your friends to play lan games with you on.

·
Linux Guru
5,734 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Industrial

I would use the router. Set the other computer up for your friends to play lan games with you on.

Use the real router for you home network, the slower system should be used as a server for the network to run the print Que and IIS for web design. Also as stated below you can use the slower computer for your friends to play games against you and for folding.

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by shawnmcgrail

Christmas is coming, So Is my Prescott!

I was just wondering since I'll have another whole computer when I buy another CPU, would It be better to run the Celeron @3.4 as a router? Or would I be better off to just stick with my router?

Stick with your router and get your second machine folding 24/7.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by mfillpot

Use the real router for you home network, the slower system should be used as a server for the network to run the print Que and IIS for web design. Also as stated below you can use the slower computer for your friends to play games against you and for folding.

True true on all that. Free up your main sytems resources and set all that service up on the old computer. Good call mifillpot.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts