Overclock.net banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,714 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Quote:
Though they've been around for seventeen years, you might not know Evolution Studios as all of their games - racing games, each and every one - has been released released on PlayStations. Sony bought the studio in 2007 but closed them this year. But! Happy ending: those autophiles at Codemasters today announced that they're bringing the Evolution team under their racing wing. They haven't announced any specific games yet but will be pootling onto non-Sony platforms now too, which will surely include our dear PC given how many games Codies sling our way.

"This expansion will not only see us gain a wealth of racing expertise and skill, but it'll take Codemasters to the next level as the world's largest racing-focused games company. With phenomenal racing DNA on both sides, we hope that gamers out there are excited to see what we do next - as are all of us here at Codies."
source

Driveclub is an excellent simcade racing game. Good to hear this.

·
waiting for Driver update
5,982 Posts
sounds like somebody took more than their share from those DC sales

·
Registered
783 Posts
If they can make a racing game like gran turismo and then port it to PC as well I will definitely buy.

·
Premium Member
6,181 Posts
I'm very happy about this, I saw the news this morning and couldn't believe it!

I love Codemasters and Evolution Studios, the two studios joining together is a great thing to happen!

I just realized something, does that mean the DriveClub VR game isn't going to happen, or was it just a demo? I think Sony might own the IP.

·
PC Evangelist
46,985 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by clao View Post

If they can make a racing game like gran turismo and then port it to PC as well I will definitely buy.
Forza.

·
I <3 narcissists
6,515 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by clao View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZealotKi11er View Post

Forza.
*without using the windows store. I would gladly pay $60 for a non UWP racing game but I won't bite on a free UWP game.

·
Premium Member
15,714 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Quote:
Originally Posted by TopicClocker View Post

I'm very happy about this, I saw the news this morning and couldn't believe it!

I love Codemasters and Evolution Studios, the two studios joining together is a great thing to happen!

I just realized something, does that mean the DriveClub VR game isn't going to happen, or was it just a demo? I think Sony might own the IP.
Driveclub VR is coming as far as I know. The studio is closed but Sony owns the game. Probably someone else is working on it.

They are done with the game anyway, VR people can do the adjustments.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts