Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 164 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Quote:
First things first: everybody, go change your Battle.net passwords. I have to imagine that someone at Blizzard uttered the phrase "Besides, what else could possibly go wrong" over the weekend, prompting the god of comedically cruel timing to bring its massive whack-a-mole hammer down on Blizzard's doorstep. And so: hackers! Diablo III's official forums are currently rife with tales of items and gold going missing and characters even being hijacked wholesale. Even Eurogamer has firsthand experience. Now, though, Blizzard's attempting to play knight-in-increasingly-tarnished-armor once again.
Quote:
Unfortunately, some players are reporting hacks in spite of Authenticators, so take all necessary precautions regardless.
Source

·
Premium Member
14,173 Posts
Is there actually any official word from Blizzard on this?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ComradeNF View Post

I'm going to punch someone if even 1 gold of my 2k on my level 15 Wizard is gone.
I make 2k in about 2 minutes of Hell gameplay! I'll help you out if you end up losing some, somehow
tongue.gif

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
It looks like this hack only applicable if you have played a public game. From what I've read, hackers can sniff the session ID of a player and use that to get into his/her account.

·
Banned
441 Posts
stupid hackers.......... just got disconnected twice, thought it was server problems... 20 mins later 300k missing and full bank and all gear on my lvl 19 mage........... funny thing is the most expensive items were on the lvl 60 barb that wasn't the character I was playing last and everything on him was untouched... so they just went in sold everything and transferred off without even investigating the account...

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vestito View Post

stupid hackers.......... just got disconnected twice, thought it was server problems... 20 mins later 300k missing and full bank and all gear on my lvl 19 mage........... funny thing is the most expensive items were on the lvl 60 barb that wasn't the character I was playing last and everything on him was untouched... so they just went in sold everything and transferred off without even investigating the account...
they can't "swap" characters with this hack currently, they can only spoof your session and get on the character you were on, when you played with them

·
Registered
4,346 Posts
WOW! I totally was not expecting to be hit. The only thing lost on my account is this spellbook I had on my Wizard, +3-4 damage and 7 int... Well, that actually sucks, my damage dropped quite a bit
frown.gif
. Now I have nothing in my shield slot.

I only have 2k on my 16 Wizard as well. Can't even afford a shield.

·
Registered
2,647 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by E-Peen View Post

Is there actually any official word from Blizzard on this?
I make 2k in about 2 minutes of Hell gameplay! I'll help you out if you end up losing some, somehow
tongue.gif
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5149619846#1
We'd like to take a moment to address the recent reports that suggested that Battle.net® and Diablo® III may have been compromised. Historically, the release of a new game -- such as a World of Warcraft® expansion -- will result in an increase in reports of individual account compromises, and that's exactly what we're seeing now with Diablo III. We know how frustrating it can be to become the victim of account theft, and as always, we're dedicated to doing everything we can to help our players keep their Battle.net accounts safe -- and we appreciate everyone who's doing their part to help protect their accounts as well. You can read about ways to help keep your account secure, along with some of the internal and external measures we have in place to help us achieve our security goals, at our account security website here: www.battle.net/security.

We also wanted to reassure you that the Battle.net Authenticator and Battle.net Mobile Authenticator (a free app for iPhone and Android devices) continue to be some of the most effective measures we offer to help players protect themselves against account compromises, and we encourage everyone to take advantage of them. In addition, we also recently introduced a new service called Battle.net SMS Protect, which allows you to use your text-enabled cell phone to unlock a locked Battle.net account, recover your account name, approve a password reset, or remove a lost Authenticator. Optionally, you can set up the Battle.net SMS Protect system to send you a text message whenever unusual activity is detected on your account, keeping you aware of important (and possibly unwanted) changes.

For more information on the Authenticator, visit http://us.battle.net/support/en/article/battle-net-authenticator-faq

For more on the Battle.net Mobile Authenticator, visit http://us.battle.net/support/en/article/battle-net-mobile-authenticator-faq

For more on Battle.net SMS Protect, visit http://us.battle.net/support/en/article/battlenet-sms-protect

We also have other measures built into Battle.net to help protect players. Occasionally, when Battle.net detects unusual login activity that differs from your normal behavior -- such as logging in from an unfamiliar location -- we may prompt you for additional information (such as the answer to one of your security questions) and/or require you to perform a password reset through the Battle.net website. World of Warcraft players might be familiar with this security method already, and Diablo III players may begin to encounter it as well.

As always, if you think you've been the victim of an account compromise, head to the "Help! I've Been Hacked!" tool at http://us.battle.net/en/security/help for assistance.

·
Premium Member
10,907 Posts
awesome...
biggrin.gif
patch inbound... I Hope.... YAY sidejacking attacks....

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Quote:
don't get me wrong, not trying to bash, but i feel this is blizzard trying to downplay or save face, because most of the people reporting this problem, even got hit with an authenticator, which to me just seems stupid to mention as a security feature, IF it's being claimed that it can be bypassed with session spoofing

·
Registered
724 Posts
Same thing happened with RIFT on release. same thing will happen with GW2, its poor coding, especially with no sanity checks on sesion Id... poor poor coding, i really hope GW2 wont suffer from such spoof hacks.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyreal View Post

Same thing happened with RIFT on release. same thing will happen with GW2, its poor coding, especially with no sanity checks on sesion Id... poor poor coding, i really hope GW2 wont suffer from such spoof hacks.
not to toot my own horn, but i am glad i quit on blizz products and transitioned over to gw2. heck even the stress test for gw2 was more enjoyable than the beta for d3, please don't hurt me blizz fanboys, i used to be one of you
tongue.gif

·
Registered
2,647 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cytrik View Post

don't get me wrong, not trying to bash, but i feel this is blizzard trying to downplay or save face, because most of the people reporting this problem, even got hit with an authenticator, which to me just seems stupid to mention as a security feature, IF it's being claimed that it can be bypassed with session spoofing
Absolutely terrible response I agree.

1 - 20 of 164 Posts