Overclock.net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
15,763 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Quote:
Happy birthday, Age of Empires! The historical real-time strategy series turned 20 on Sunday, and the party was supposed to keep on rolling through to Thursday and the launch of launch of Age of Empires: Definitive Edition [official site]. Alas, the revamped and prettied-up release of the first game has been delayed at short notice. It's now expected in "early 2018". Sounds like one hold-up is a change of heart over quite how much to change. Remember, AoE: it's your party and you can cry if you want to.
Source

·
Banned
6,632 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CBZ323 View Post

performance or glitches?
Those two and much more. Poor modern replication of old assets, unwelcomed new changes, poor animations, inferior pathfinding etc. If you are interested you can check out the game's thread on OCN where I shared some of my impressions in greater detail.

No micro-transactions of which I am aware of. Hopefully will stay that way.

Overall game feels like it is inferior in comparison to the original. I hope that will change until it launches in early 2018.

·
I might have tacos tonite
22,339 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cybertox View Post

Those two and much more. Poor modern replication of old assets, unwelcomed new changes, poor animations, inferior pathfinding etc. If you are interested you can check out the game's thread on OCN where I shared some of my impressions in greater detail.

No micro-transactions of which I am aware of. Hopefully will stay that way.

Overall game feels like it is inferior in comparison to the original. I hope that will change until it launches in early 2018.
They aren't going to change the art style. Hopefully they fix the animations and pathfinding.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackCY View Post

AoE or AoE2? AoE was not that great.

If they even ever balanced the game so that everyone is not playing only a handful of most powerful "civilizations/countries".
It's AoE, AoE2 already has a remake. I liked AoE a lot better than AoE2.

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
I've also been a tester for the past month and I'd agree with what Cybertox said, especially the terrible pathfinding. I think, at the very least, people will be expecting that features that were present in the original game will be working at least as well as they did back then. Right now I wouldn't say the beta is at that level but delaying to 2018 should help them get that worked on.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts