Overclock.net banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm thinking about purchasing both the RS360 and an RS240 (extremely affordable) to fit into my case mod. Later on this week I will finally be purchasing a 2500k and motherboard, and eventually I will upgrade to a second GTX480 as my 1000w is coming in later today. I'm also thinking about finding some full cover blocks for them. Will an RS360 + RS240 be enough radiator for 2 GTX480's + a 2500k?

·
Registered
592 Posts
I have a I7 930 and 2 GTX 580's on one RX360 rad. Only if you want really really low temps I would go with the setup you said. Ill stick with my one rad for now till I mod my case. Everything stay's around 30-40 C. But thats a solid Rad build, When your finished take some pic's and get those things in the OCN Water Cooling Forum.

·
Premium Member
3,565 Posts
Yes that is enough. It will work great. Just get decent fans. Unfortunately the rs series want higher speed fans for optimal work.

·
Registered
749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Worple;15278315
Yea you got plenty of rad surface there now you need good fans
smile.gif
try some of THESE for RX rads
I'm talking about the RS not the RX.... which is way thicker it looks like.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haze_hellivo;15278334
Its enough, works best with with high speed fans but noise levels would bother me IMO.
Gentle typhoons 1850 would work well with these.
What case ?
man gentle typhoons are popular.... kinda pricey considering 5 of them would cost a bit. Case is in sig, but if you really don't feel like clicking the link to the case mod build here's two pics.

227312d1315098199-all-aluminium-inverted-atx-img_20110903_202850.jpg

360 in the front and 240 on the bottom(after I cut out the bottom of course
rolleyes.gif
)

233369d1318396654-all-aluminium-inverted-atx-img_20111011_204539.jpg

So I was going to make another thread to get some help and advice on deciding on the fans if I do go with these two rads, but considering the quick responses already in this thread maybe I should keep it in here... don't know if that wold e considered off topic
tongue.gif
. Has anyone used high speed case fans on these rads before?

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuar;15278369
I have a I7 930 and 2 GTX 580's on one RX360 rad. Only if you want really really low temps I would go with the setup you said. Ill stick with my one rad for now till I mod my case. Everything stay's around 30-40 C. But thats a solid Rad build, When your finished take some pic's and get those things in the OCN Water Cooling Forum.
Ditto.. 2600k and (2) 470s on 1 360rad. Don't even count the sandybridge as a heater, it doesn't make any heat compared to the cards.

·
Registered
749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
So now that were on the topic of fans for these rads...... Well I know this sounds childish but i would really like to go with white fans... whether it be just the blades or the entire fans, was trying to decide between these three but now after you guys mentioning the yate's I'm having second thoughts.. well what do you guys think about these?

First up:
Bit Fenix Spectre
Really like the look of these.
SP-WW-120_01.jpg

Xigmatek XOF-F1251

Also very stylish imo

xoff1251-fp1b_02.jpg

3. last but not least most rpm/cfm out of the three and very easy on the eyes

Thermaltake Silent Cat

Love that look

24028_l.jpg

·
Registered
749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well then isn't the silent cat (ridiculous name) a better performer with more airflow than the GELID and rpm? Just trying to figure this out I really don't care much for the temp sensors tbh, rather have a solid speed, noise doesn't bother me too much, doubt it could be louder than now with the reference cooler the 480 ... thanks a lot for the help hopefully i can figure this out soon and order....

edit: ordered rs360 for now.....

1 - 18 of 18 Posts