Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 101 Posts

·
RGB Numba Wan!
23,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Quote:
A Siberian gamer is suing the makers of Fallout-4 after he lost his job and broke up with his wife because of the video game. He wants 500,000 roubles (US$7,000) in compensation from the company, saying he did not know the game would "become so addictive."

Source

Quote:
"If I knew that this game could have become so addictive, I would have become a lot more wary of it. I would not have bought it, or I would have left it until I was on holiday or until the New Year holidays," a statement from the man read.
Quote:
"Dead man gaming: 32yo dies after 3-day non-stop marathon in Taiwan internet cafe"

A man died after playing games in an Internet café in Taiwan for three days without a break. Doctors say it was over-exhaustion from an intense gaming binge, local media report.

Source

^^^ I think this one was posted here a while ago. It was linked with this recent Fallout-4 one.

·
Premium Member
15,715 Posts
Good luck to him.

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
I think giving the guy the money before this is seriously evaluated from a legal standpoint would be a nice gesture
smile.gif

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Dunno how this could possibly be news worthy but it's nice to see utter idiots exist in other countries too
thumb.gif

·
Premium Member
6,636 Posts
I say give him 7000 bottlecaps, since this is the currency he must be most familiar with.

I love FO4, but if you can't handle gaming addition then you probably shouldnt be gaming.

·
Premium Member
2,813 Posts
These drugs games are a plague. What kind of nation would we be if everyone where addicted to drugs games? We cannot allow this to happen. I'm pleased to tell the people that starting today, we will be launching a war on drugs games. In the coming weeks we will outline our plan, and keep our sons and daughters safe from falling into the world of drugs games.

We must also realize that all drugs games must be made illegal, whether they are addictive or not. It's imperative that people realize that even lame drugs games like Call of Duty must be stopped, because they will serve as gateway drugs games. One day your child is playing a friendly game of Call of Duty, and the next they're throwing away their future for Fallout 4 or worse.. World of Warcraft.

We will endure, and end the use of drugs games forever.

·
Premium Member
17,110 Posts
Hahahahahahaha. If you are stupid enough to play a game for 3 weeks straight and lose your job/wife, then maybe you aren't fit for this world. A modern form of natural selection at it's best. Did he really expect no consequence from missing work for 3 weeks in a row? This guy is just trying to get more money to support his lazy habits. Judge will take one look, laugh at him, and throw the case out.

The same goes for 3 day gaming binges at 32 years old. At 32 you should understand how unhealthy that is, and as an adult that is your choice to take that risk. It's simply not smart. I mean you basically are an adult that forgot to eat/drink/sleep, basic animal instincts.

In both cases, no one but themselves are to blame. Take responsibly, I don't know why I am suppose to feel sorry for either person. It awful when someone dies, but at the end of the day that was his choice to live that way.

·
486DX2 66
3,681 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murlocke View Post

Hahahahahahaha. If you are stupid enough to play a game for 3 weeks straight and lose your job/wife, then maybe you aren't fit for this world. A modern form of natural selection at it's best.

This guy is just trying to get more money to support his lazy habits. Judge will take one look, laugh at him, and throw the case out.
Total lack of self control.. These are things that were supposed to come from mommy and daddy, if it wasn't a video game it would have just been some other compulsion. If this guy is serious he is totally nuts (or normal in 2015?). Why blame ourselves when we can blame somebody else and get away with it
redface.gif

·
RGB Numba Wan!
23,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murlocke View Post

Hahahahahahaha. If you are stupid enough to play a game for 3 weeks straight and lose your job/wife, then maybe you aren't fit for this world. A modern form of natural selection at it's best. Did he really expect no consequence from missing work for 3 weeks in a row? Take some responsibility. This guy is just trying to get more money to support his lazy habits. Judge will take one look, laugh at him, and throw the case out.

What's next, someone buying guns, killing someone, then sueing the gun maker? rolleyes.gif
In some rare instances (in the US of course), the manufacturer can be liable if the product is "miss-used". I used to watch "Air Emergency" on NatGeo and the one case that sticks out is the Peru accident. Due to some minor oversight on both the ground crew and the pilots, the plane was lost when it crashed into the ocean. Now, human error is the main cultprit but the families in the US sued Boeing under the claim that they are responsible for the miss-use of their product. Boeing settled but it clearly was the obvious option for the families as AirPeru had no money and Boeing wanted to minimize exposure (more then likely). But, the maker can be liable. Only in the US, as the saying goes
smile.gif

Yeah, i totally agree, this guy is lacking a lot of maturity and begs the question how he got a wife in the first place
rolleyes.gif

·
Banned
6,565 Posts
The guy is definitely in a downward spiral. It is astonishing that our susceptibility to addiction has an inverse correlation to our ego strength, awareness of the moment. We don't pursue what is native to us, our acuteness of perception holds us from getting caught up in a vicious cycle. Registering it as a whole instantly makes it a past memory, preventing the feedback from registering the same.

·
Jayce
3,767 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noufel View Post

Exactly this, that was the first question that came to my mind
biggrin.gif
Plot twist: the wife made him play for 3 weeks to get the grinding and leveling up out of the way before she stepped in. /s

• Rep+
Reactions: kyrie74

·
Registered
2,267 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BinaryDemon View Post

I say give him 7000 bottlecaps, since this is the currency he must be most familiar with.

I love FO4, but if you can't handle gaming addition then you probably shouldnt be gaming.
Everyone is addicted to something, you don't gotta put it like that because that makes you seem insensative to addicts in general.

For example... Smokers would blow smoke in your face if you said what you just said to them. Just saying bro, I think you're better than this.

·
Banned
6,565 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankzro View Post

Everyone is addicted to something, you don't gotta put it like that because that makes you seem insensative to addicts in general.

For example... Smokers would blow smoke in your face if you said what you just said to them. Just saying bro, I think you're better than this.
You don't have to be sensitive to addicts. This would be a secondary gain incentive and would be conversely abused.

·
Rabies is my business
4,368 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alvarez View Post

This is actually cute. Bethesda should send him bunch of games and big middle finger for the rest of it.
LOL, send him the Season Pass.

• Rep+
Reactions: kyrie74
1 - 20 of 101 Posts