Overclock.net banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Quote:
Samsung's new Exynos 5422, an advanced Exynos 5 Octa product for premium mobile devices, is designed to support the ever-increasing needs of high-resolution displays and complicated computation without sacrificing battery life. This new processor is equipped with eight cores-four big cores (ARM® Cortex®- A15™ up to 2.1 GHz) for heavy loads and four small cores (ARM® Cortex®- A7™ up to 1.5 GHz) for lighter jobs-that deliver up to 34 percent higher performance than in previous Exynos Octa models. Due to Samsung's further optimized big.LITTLE™ HMP (Heterogeneous Multi Processing) technology, any combination of up to eight cores is engineered to provide optimum performance for any given task.
Source

·
Registered
2,789 Posts
Nice

·
Registered
2,789 Posts
Today the Korean media is abuzz with reports, allegedly from Samsung execs during closed-door MWC meetings, that the Koreans are going to spice it up with a premium portfolio of flagships, dubbed Project F indeed, and the souped-up S5 will be its first member. The chassis of this one is said to be with premium metallic materials, the Quad HD screen and Exynos processor are bandied about, and even the camera is said to sport optical image stabilization, unlike the one on the "regular" S5. The issue has been procuring those rare parts for the tens of millions of units each Samsung flagship moves, so the company apparently decided to slap them together into a pricier, more exclusive version, that won't sell as many pieces.

·
Politically incorrect
9,548 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by brucethemoose View Post

I just want an A7 in an android phone
sad-smiley-002.gif
There are lots of A7 phones around. LG have a nice one. You can even get an older A9 SOC phone, CPU performance is almost identical though if the A7 has an Adreno 3xx it will annihilate the old A9's but as I don't play games I don't care about GPU performance.

·
Registered
841 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liranan View Post

There are lots of A7 phones around. LG have a nice one. You can even get an older A9 SOC phone, CPU performance is almost identical though if the A7 has an Adreno 3xx it will annihilate the old A9's but as I don't play games I don't care about GPU performance.
i think he meant apple's a7 processor, which is like a tegra k1 with half the gpu performance tbh

·
Premium Member
6,456 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AznDud333 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liranan View Post

i think he meant apple's a7 processor, which is like a tegra k1 with half the gpu performance tbh
Exactly.

·
Registered
232 Posts
I was very excited about the Exynos chips until i saw the GN3 / GS4 benchmarks, the performance is almost identical but they actually use more power than the Qualcomm Snapdragon variants. The new Qualcomm Snapdragon 805 coming out late this year / early next year promises much faster LTE connectivity with estimated 30% - 40% performance boost over the 800.

Samsung will really need to lower the power consumption of their Exynos chips before i will use one.

·
Premium Member
6,456 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BizzareRide View Post

Quote:

I just want an A7 in an android phone
sad-smiley-002.gif
Why would you want a slower processor? A7 is only faster in native browser-based test than Snapdragon and Tegra. What I would like to see is Apple-like optimization for Android.
There's no true apples-apples (pun, lol) benchmark, but I believe the a7 has has better per-thread performance than any other custom core on sale atm, which is all that matters on a phone I would use. Back in winter 2013, it was literally untouchable.

But I can't stand vanilla iOS. Jailbreaking helps alot, but it's still relatively locked down.

·
Null
6,332 Posts
Quote:

There's no true apples-apples (pun, lol) benchmark, but I believe the a7 has has better per-thread performance than any other custom core on sale atm, which is all that matters on a phone I would use. Back in winter 2013, it was literally untouchable.

But I can't stand vanilla iOS. Jailbreaking helps alot, but it's still relatively locked down.
3D mark benchmarks?

·
Registered
515 Posts
Apple A7 cpu is not faster than qualcomm 800 snapdragon.

It is the iOS that is much faster than Android OS since it has direct access to hardware rather than going to all the Java layers and garbage collection and etc...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.