Overclock.net banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Currently using the Spawn, but looking at others comfy claw mice.

Which mouse is most comfy between Storm Spawn, Roccat Pure Military, and others?

Possibly G302? Corsair Gaming Sabre Optical? Mionix Caster?

I've already tried the Avior, and I felt like it was too big of a mouse...

The Mionix Caster is intriguing to me since it seems like it has a small nub for ring finger to rest as shown here:

http://puu.sh/dvabL/7af2f1fda3.png

Found Epigear blade to be cool looking too: http://www.epicgear.com/en/products/mice/blade

Requirements:
Omron
Claw
Small/Light
2 Mouse Buttons on side
No buttons on right side of mouse

Optional, but would be cool:
Ring finger rest

List of Mice being considered:
ROG Gladius
Roccat Kone Military Optical
CM Storm Spawn
Mionix Castor
Epigear Blade
Corsair Gaming Sabre

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by RhoSigmaTau View Post

Probably best mouse out there right now based on what you can do with it.

ROG Gladius
Seems a bit heavy, but otherwise good... Do you claw with it? Also, have you tried Roccat Kone Military or CM Storm Spawn?

·
Registered
179 Posts
I claw with the steelseries rival, which shape which is very similiar. Yea, you can claw grip just fine.

Many top FPS gaming mouse have the same shape - Rival, Sensei, Deathadder, etc.

IF you're primary claw gripping though, I Think the corsair m65 is pretty good.

Be warned though, the spawn is pretty unique - the way your 4th/5th finger rests is not found in many other mouses (I've had the spawn, LOVED IT, but sensor inaccurate.)

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Kone Pure Military and ROG Gladius are really appealing (I guess Mionix Castor when its out too), but none of them are available at any retail locations nearby... Anyone who has used the Storm Spawn able to offer advice on these 2 mice or any others that are just comfortable?

·
Registered
329 Posts
I've used the Storm Spawn and found it way too wide for my fingertip grip. It stretched out my pinky uncomfortably, even to a point of cramping.

For a strict claw gripper using low sensitivity and wrist/forearm movement to navigate, the shape is probably really good. I've recommended it to a friend who was overjoyed with it, having upgraded from a MX510. Turns out he was never really aware of his grip and how much that brick was holding him back.

·
Registered
250 Posts
EDIT: It wasn't the Sabre I used - actually M65. I apologize.

I've used the Corsair Sabre and CM Storm Spawn. Both of them are excellent for a claw grip in my experience, with my preference going to the Sabre because of it's increased height. I found it easier to claw than the Spawn and the end of the mouse supported my wrist better than the Spawn as well.

The Sabre is more expensive in the US, however.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrvirtualboy View Post

I've used the Corsair Sabre and CM Storm Spawn. Both of them are excellent for a claw grip in my experience, with my preference going to the Sabre because of it's increased height. I found it easier to claw than the Spawn and the end of the mouse supported my wrist better than the Spawn as well.

The Sabre is more expensive in the US, however.
How is the Sabre sensor? Haven't heard much about it.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by D2234 View Post

How is the Sabre sensor? Haven't heard much about it.
I'm sorry, I just looked up the mouse to double-check the DPI count and realized I had the wrong mouse. The new logo is on the old mice shapes now, so that threw me off. I've used the M65, which is laser. Avago ADNS-9800, I believe.

As for the Sabre's sensor, it's most likely an S3988, which was used the Razer Deathadder 4G and Chroma. A lot of manufacturers are jumping on S3988 at the moment because Razer no longer has exclusivity on it. Could also be a 3310. The Steelseries Rival uses 3310 and goes up to 6500DPI, but I doubt Corsair went this route.

Both the 3310 and S3988 are great sensors. I'm using a 3310 mouse at the moment and it feels fine. Max PCS is good. Acceleration is minimal. Same goes for the S3988, which, if I remember correctly, has an even higher Max PCS and is a stronger sensor overall.

·
Registered
351 Posts
I say Corsair M45. For a claw grip mouse the size is good especially considering the weight (93g with the weights and weight holders removed). It's also using a 3310 which is undoubtedly on of the best sensors in the market ATM. The Corsair optical Saber is probably also good but I haven't tried it and it weighs more.

Also the Corsair m45 doesn't have a rubber coating it's instead textured plastic, so you dont have to worry about peeling. The side buttons are out of the way. I hate the grip for lifting up the mouse, but it's comfortable when it's on a surface.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I think spawn and KPM are great choices.
Spawn is probably going to be refreshed sometime in 2015.

Spawn is great bang for your buck and actually has great internals (better than the Alcor and a lot of other mice) at its price point.
You can't wrong with the KPM either - it's very high quality

1 - 15 of 15 Posts