Overclock.net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
20,501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What kind of temps should I see on a stock RTX 3080?

I ran an hour of BF1 and the the fans barely spun up.

On furmark, the GPU seemed pretty reasonable but the memory got up to 86C

Is this in line with what it should be?

·
Iconoclast
31,130 Posts
Need to specify card model. I know you have an ASUS TUF 3080 from your other thread, but AIB cards are very different from the FE and often from other AIB cards.

Those temperatures are normal for that model at the stock power limit. GDDR6X can get really hot, and FurMark is actually fairly demanding on memory...mining would get it hotter though. Throttle point is 110C on GDDR6X, but obviously you want it lower than this long term. I think you're fine with 86C in FurMark, if this is a gaming card.

·
Premium Member
20,501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
It will be for gaming and general use, no interest in mining.

I don't know much about the model as it came in a pre-built. It's triple fan and has a TUF logo on it.

·
Iconoclast
31,130 Posts
Is this the GPU?

·
Premium Member
20,501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That looks identical to it

·
Iconoclast
31,130 Posts
Probably the SKU they used then. It's above average in cooling among 3080s and the GDDR6X temps are where I'd expect them to be.

·
Premium Member
20,501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Probably the SKU they used then. It's above average in cooling among 3080s and the GDDR6X temps are where I'd expect them to be.

That's good to know. The only Asus branded parts in the system were the motherboard and the videocard. The motherboard is the Z490-F (although its called something different in CPU-z and has a different bios tree)

It looks like they plugged in stock components for these two items.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts