Increased?Ah ok I see them now. So I redid no.1 pretty well and the power draw on it increased dramatically. Not sure if this is normal or not. Did you get the same thing for ur 3090 fe?
Nothing.Do you know what is power limiting me now?
I resoldered all my shunts with better flux. And yes the pic you sent did correspond to the 8pin no.1. I'm not sure why the MVDDC didn't change but I'm pretty sure the shunt was stacked properlyNothing.
That junior bar can be ignored. You can check in GPU-Z directly above it and notice that neither the voltage nor clock dropped.
Question: How did you fix your 8 pin #1?
Were my instructions and pictures correct?
How did you remove the old paint (if you did?)
Your rails are almost perfect. The only rail left that is a bit high is MVDDC (that is the shunt below the two 8 pins)
You can touch that one up a bit if you want to.
Ideal MVDDC for paint is 40-60W (or lower) and for stacked shunts (5 mOhm) is about 35W (or lower)
Interesting. I thought you were using paint!I resoldered all my shunts with better flux. And yes the pic you sent did correspond to the 8pin no.1. I'm not sure why the MVDDC didn't change but I'm pretty sure the shunt was stacked properly
I removed the 842AR paint from 8 pin #1 and #2 and soldered on two 5 mOhm resistors. Yikes. What a 10 hour job of failing and almost destroying the video card by shorting the two tiny resistors left of 8 pin #1. Not a fun time getting that solder off. Then when I finally googled as to why the solder wasn't sticking to the 8 pin 1 shunt (8 pin #2 was done on the first try), they said I had to scrape like I never scraped before so I scraped until there was copper showing, then the solder actually stuck on the flux and I was able to finally get a connection. 10 hours later.
Still need to do GPU chip power. That has a ton of paint on it. Going to wait until my high temp polymide tape comes, then no risk of accidents after i spend like 2 hours scraping that paint off.
Whoever thought making a board with shunts with lower depressed conductive edges needs to have their little pink mars wrapped around a vat of molten lava.
I'll let you know after I remove the old MG 842AR paint from my "Chip Power" shunt and replace it with a 5 mOhm soldered shunt, probably tomorrow (if my back can handle the work). I'm waiting for the 3M Polymide 92 tape to arrive so I can tape over everything around that shunt so I don't accidentally short anything (you saw my adventures with accidentally solder shorting the two resistors by 8 pin #1, which was hell to get unshorted!!)
Thank you for the screenshot.