Overclock.net banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
437 Posts
GIGABYTE AORUS GeForce RTX 3090 XTREME WATERFORCE WB. How is this one? Im waiting to see if I won my newegg shuffle for this card.

I have the 3080 version with the WB, it's stunning, very well designed cooler, crazy sexy looks, and above all, amazing performance. My gpu core hasn't been hotter then 38c on full blast. If you win that card, you will nearly guaranteed like it :cool:

·
Registered
561 Posts
As far as I'm aware all of the newer cards EVGA ships are fixed. Owned the EVGA 3090 XC3 Ultra for a few months and decided to "step up" to the FTW3 Ultra which I received yesterday. I have a mini-ITX build so opted for XC3 at first. I'd avoid any 3090 that only utilizes 2 x 8 pin pci-e cables and just get a card that uses 3 x 8 pin connectors. The highest I could get my XC3 to was about 1920 mhz benching, during games it would range from 1725 to 1850 or so, usually sat around 1775 or 1800mhz. Completely power limited and got a bad overclocker.

Due to my case I haven't used the 500 watt BIOS on the FTW3 Ultra. Stock BIOS at 450 watts during benchmarks the highest I can achieve is 2020mhz or so, games it hovers around 1905 mhz due to my temps, which can get to 84 degrees occasionally. Have some slim 120x12mm fans on the way that'll fit my case right beneath the GPU. May just say to heck with ITX and go back to a larger case, these cards run HOT and expel a TON of heat.

·
Registered
765 Posts
Hi guys, is there a list on which models of the RTX 3090 are worth buying, considering the overall quality, cooling and in the end - OC potential?
I am using my keystrokes because you are a European.
RTX 3000 series this is gigantic FAIL story in the history of NVIDIA, regarding hardware and software implementation.
If you insisting wasting money at that direction? You should look at RTX3060 that is fresher implementation with mistakes removed about cooling solutions.

Any one that he is after OC potential from a GPU capable to deliver 150+ FPS at stock clock, he is a nutcase.
This is a forum for people interested also about OC but we should use our intelligence too prior making any decision.

·
Registered
765 Posts
I have the 3080 version with the WB, it's stunning, very well designed cooler, crazy sexy looks,
Do not mention this description again in public for a GPU, crazy sexy looks this is definition for cars - motorcycles and Girls expert in dancing.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Do not mention this description again in public for a GPU, crazy sexy looks this is definition for cars - motorcycles and Girls expert in dancing.
Have you seen it in all its glory do, it's a stunning piece of hardware with the hardware meeting the high expectation of a premium GPU. I can only say, if you get the chance, everything about it is sweet. Also, PC's can be crazy sexy!

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Well, 3060/Ti is pointless at the moment due to pricing. I'd rather get a 2080Ti then. The absolute best bang for buck atm. are the 6800XT/6900XT's directly from AMD drops but I really want G-Sync.
I understand you calling the 30 series a fail but the 20 series wasn't an inch better, with dying memory and also black screen issues.

·
Registered
765 Posts
I understand you calling the 30 series a fail but the 20 series wasn't an inch better, with dying memory and also black screen issues.
I am an eye witness at RTX3080 launch, the chip had issues to retain it GPU clocks, and NVIDIA were forced to deliver drivers related fix within a week.
At the same time all reviewers which received their samples two months ahead, all of them hide the issue or were blind to detect it.
Either way this is a very hot chip and not a regular gaming GPU.

GPU performance scaling this is different at its GAME Engine.
The best GPU for you is the one serving best your five loved ones Game Tittles.
I do not care of G-Sync because all monitors coming with it they are ridiculously overpriced.
At the price of single 23" G-Sync, I can get two lovely IPS panels at 60Hz, usable at images editing and other applications.

·
Linux Noob
1,182 Posts
Well, 3060/Ti is pointless at the moment due to pricing. I'd rather get a 2080Ti then. The absolute best bang for buck atm. are the 6800XT/6900XT's directly from AMD drops but I really want G-Sync.
You should definitely get a crazy sexy ASUS Strix RTX 3080 or crazier sexier ASUS Strix OC RTX 3090.
You will have no problems in any game.
Water-cool it and enjoy yourself.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts