Overclock.net banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
cd C:\TEMP\
2,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
K... so my Q6600 is still running stock due to it hitting 60degC on the cores when stressed... but it must be OC damit

Raidmax Smilodon case with a Thermaltake Ruby Orb cooler...any suggestions on what would be the best bang for buck to get this sucker cooled properly?

Thx

·
Registered
2,115 Posts
Xigmatek S1283?
Newegg has a MIR offer on

Get the retention backplate if you can aswell.

·
Premium Member
36,139 Posts

·
2,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Never heard of Xigmatek till now... quick search and this is what I found to get it in South Africa... problem is it will cost me $138.79... ***!?

That is more than all the stuff below

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tator Tot View Post
If you want to spend some, I would say get 2 Scythe Ultra Kaze fans, a 4 channel fan controller and a Xigmatek HDT S1283 all in an Antec 300 and a retention bracket

Antec 300 $50
3x Scythe Ultra Kaze 120mm Fans $30
Xigmatek H.D.T. S1283 $32
Xigmatek Retention Bracket $7
Sunbeam Rhobeaus 4 Channel Fan Controller $20

·
Premium Member
17,206 Posts
It would be better to get a Thermalright Ultra-120 Extreme, they cool better on quads than Xigmateks do.

·
!
17,294 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Marin
View Post

It would be better to get a Thermalright Ultra-120 Extreme, they cool better on quads than Xigmateks do.

The TRUE is twice as expensive once you factor in buying a fan though (And probably lapping sandpaper too)
You gotta pay for the best

A Noctua NH-U12P is a good alternative if you can't afford a complete TRUE

·
2,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
... thx for all the input... the scary thing is the TRUE plus a fan is actually going to cost me less than the Xigmateks I can get here in SA...

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by thenailedone
View Post

... thx for all the input... the scary thing is the TRUE plus a fan is actually going to cost me less than the Xigmateks I can get here in SA...

How so the Xig is 20 on newegg. True plus fan has to be close to 80 if ou get a good fan.

·
Premium Member
36,139 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by sLowEnd View Post
I'm 99.9999% sure newegg doesn't ship to South Africa
Newegg needs to go global...just sayin...at there prices...it would be no contest.

·
2,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tator Tot
View Post

Newegg needs to go global...just sayin...at there prices...it would be no contest.

QFT :swearing:

·
!
17,294 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tator Tot View Post
Even if they gave the rest of the world their American prices, the shipping cost is going to be killer.

Imagine $40 shipping for a tube of TIM and a fan

(Heck, shipping a TRUE from the US to canada is already ~$30 >_<)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts