1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Nvidia Enthusiast
9,986 Posts
looks interesting

·
Banned
1,479 Posts
I like the part about the Optical Audio port on the back.

Would be much easier to use HDMI and Optical Audio. You can already do this with the PS3.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer already stated that this rumour is not true. This is anticipated to be the new "Valhalla" revision of the Xbox 360's motherboard. If this does come through and is put out on manufacturing assembly lines it will most likely be put in a regular Xbox 360 case, so don't expect a 360 SLIM like the PS2 or PS3 slim.

·
Custom User Title
3,652 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by yggr
View Post

Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer already stated that this rumour is not true. This is anticipated to be the new "Valhalla" revision of the Xbox 360's motherboard. If this does come through and is put out on manufacturing assembly lines it will most likely be put in a regular Xbox 360 case, so don't expect a 360 SLIM like the PS2 or PS3 slim.

But the board? this that true?

I could care less about the SLIM part.

Hell a bigger case can give better air flow.

·
Premium Member
4,914 Posts
Quote:

I like the part about the Optical Audio port on the back.

its already there man. just on the back of the video out connector. its the little black square

·
Premium Member
6,318 Posts
So they decided to decrease the airflow for the 360?

·
Data Recovery Engineer
20,225 Posts
Hopefully the fix the heating problems.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by ACM
View Post

But the board? this that true?

I could care less about the SLIM part.

Hell a bigger case can give better air flow.

Oh, I'm sorry when I read "Slim" I thought the OP meant literally a slim version (physically). Well in that case yeah, this has been rumoured a long time ago, its not new news... It's supposedly called the "Valhalla" mobo which has a GPU and CPU integrated in one increasing air flow. But they have already confirmed that they are not going to be mimicking Sony's moves in creating a slim model.

But yeah, that is old news.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts