Overclock.net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Not new to Overclock.net
78,944 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

I'm getting closer to installing Windows 10 fresh on a new drive, and I want to achieve what you see in the screenshot again. Only, I forgot how I did it. Can you help?

I get this when I press WinKey+R. I had to do something to make it be this way, but I don't remember what it was. I want this for my new installation of Windows, whenever I start doing that.

Edit: I don't want some alternative way to do what this does. I want this. I want my Run dialog box to look like this every time I access it.

Update:

I figured it out. I had a feeling that I would figure it out after asking. Isn't that how it goes sometimes? :)

In the Registry, you go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System and change EnableLUA to 0. The default is 1. Reboot, and it's done.

I wasn't figuring it out before because I kept asking Google various kinds of questions that I thought would lead me to the answer. I never just simply Googled "This task will be created with administrative privileges". Once I did that, I found the answer.

• Rep+
Reactions: Iconoclast

·
Graphics Junkie
3,258 Posts
task manager > file > run new task > check the box.

·
Not new to Overclock.net
78,944 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Graphics Junkie
3,258 Posts
That's not the question. Try again, my friend. lol :)
Yea I'm not sure how to get there without the checkbox but the result is the same.

·
Not new to Overclock.net
78,944 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yea I'm not sure how to get there without the checkbox but the result is the same.
There isn't a checkbox. I want this to be like this every time I press WinKey+R.

I guess I'd better make that more obvious.

·
Registered
538 Posts
To launch an app with admin rights, type it in and press Ctrl + Shift + Enter

No idea how to make that dialog show up permanently.

• Rep+
Reactions: Techie007

·
Not new to Overclock.net
78,944 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I figured it out. I had a feeling that I would figure it out after asking. Isn't that how it goes sometimes? :)

In the Registry, you go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System and change EnableLUA to 0. The default is 1. Reboot, and it's done.

I wasn't figuring it out before because I kept asking Google various kinds of questions that I thought would lead me to the answer. I never just simply Googled "This task will be created with administrative privileges". Once I did that, I found the answer.

• Rep+
Reactions: T.Sharp

·
Windows Wrangler
2,250 Posts
To launch an app with admin rights, type it in and press Ctrl + Shift + Enter
Didn't know this trick—thanks for sharing! Now why Microsoft removed the checkbox option from the Run dialog when opened from the Start Menu while leaving this hidden shortcut functional, I will never understand. Once the option was removed, I've gotten to it through Task Manager, which is a pain.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts