Overclock.net banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had to flush out my system as the previous coolant I was using changed color and was seeing higher than normal temps (changed to just steam distilled and in the high 20s and depending on the room temperature around 18c) and was well bugging the heck out of me and the temps weren't alarming as they never got to low 60s but the changing of color is what bugged me.

So it took about an hour or 2 to flush out the old liquid and only using steam distilled water and just filling and looping it around for 2-5 minutes than flush and repeat until it was clear.

I'll be running this until sometime next week when a silver kill coil arrives, but just wondering if anyone has ran just steam distilled water in their loops without anything extra added to it.

My computer is near a window but isn't directly in sunlight and I'm monitoring the liquid for any changes while I'm waiting for that coil and if it slightly changes I'll flush and clean out my blocks if needed but I don't think that will be an issue as right now at least not in a weeks time.

Here's an image of my system, idles at 18-23c

·
Registered
3,117 Posts
No air + moving water = nothing will happen.

Tap water in my system for last 3 years now pretty much.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stige View Post

No air + moving water = nothing will happen.

Tap water in my system for last 3 years now pretty much.
My fans are 100% "the controller(s) are set to low speed though" RING fans.

Guess I'm just nervous, and what... tap water!.. must be clean where you are... O-O

·
Registered
3,117 Posts
Well it's drinkable here in Finland atleast.

+ moving water will never create any bacteria in it, it's only if the water stays still then it happens.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts