Overclock.net banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am taking apart my look and was wondering if I could run vinegar through it to clean it. My rad is very dirty but was wondering if vinegar would ruin anything.

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dseg View Post

I am taking apart my look and was wondering if I could run vinegar through it to clean it. My rad is very dirty but was wondering if vinegar would ruin anything.
Run distilled water with around a 30% of alcohol based vinegar. It will clean up most of the tartar and rust that water could have deposited/generated (but that's usually why people that have radiators use distilled water or simply liquid coolant, to avoid it). Leaving the vinegar for too long might start to eat into the metallic parts, so be careful.

·
Premium Member
14,981 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pokerapar88 View Post

Run distilled water with around a 30% of alcohol based vinegar. It will clean up most of the tartar and rust that water could have deposited/generated (but that's usually why people that have radiators use distilled water or simply liquid coolant, to avoid it). Leaving the vinegar for too long might start to eat into the metallic parts, so be careful.
Then you have to flush it a thousand times to get the vinegar away... Not worth it.

It's much easier to drain it, take away the components prone to get dirty (waterblocks and radiators), flush them separately, reassemble the loop and refill it.

Plus you make perfectly sure that it is squeaky clean.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts