Overclock.net banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright, it's a known fact you need to raise your Vcore in order to keep things steady and be able to continue overclocking your processor. Thanks to Conroe's power saving fables, however, I decided to lower the Vcore. I have my Vcore right now at 1.10, 1.06 after Vdroop in Speedfan and Ai Suite.

The real question is, is this advisable? I plan to run as low as possible, until I stump overclocking. Then I will up the Vcore one notch, and continue. The reason I do this is that my ambient temperatures are sky-rocketing, so my Conroe does not get low temperatures.

As I said, everything is rock-solid stable, but I wanted to have opinions if to leave it at stock or what to do. Once more, it will return to stock in a certain point, but I want to keep temps as low as possible so I can squeeze the most out of my overclock.

Also, if I shouldn't run my Conroe at 1.10V, then what was the stock voltage for it? 1.125V? Thanks for your help guys.

·
Registered
3,158 Posts
I can't think of any reason why undervolting a cpu would cause any harm.

If the chip is happy like that, leave it like that

·
Registered
55 Posts
When my E6600 came last week, it was running at 1.2 something stock. 1.10v seems a bit low to me if you're gonna OC that thing. I suggest running stress tests that ppl have listed in this stickied threads, and see how the processor performs.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ran Orthos for a bucko of hours and it didn't even bother to whine. All was good. Hm, let me double check something on Intel's site.

EDIT: All right, Intel says the processor can run from 0.850V to 1.3525V. Seems good to me, then, that it runs at 1.1?

·
Registered
2,847 Posts
I had mine running at 1v for a while at 1.86 GHz

Now I'm running 2.3GHz at 1.2v, whereas stock voltage was 1.325v.

Stock voltage depends on the revision, I believe.

A = 1.325
B = 1.2

Not sure about this though.

• Rep+
Reactions: TheShehanigan

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
40 load, 35 idle.

Alright, I put it back to regular for a minute, and as Adam said, stock is 1.28 on here. I'll just go dump 1.1 and be happy as heck. Low temps and overclocking headroom.

EDIT: It's funny how my Motherboard says "CPU Voltage Overload" to inform me a discrepancy in the Vcore, when it's actually lower than stock. XD

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
A Big Typhoon, but the problem is that ambient temperatures here are very high, and we don't have 24/7 Air Cooling. So I get nature air, and I live between mountains, so we barely get air. So...you get the drift.

·
Overclocking since 1998
929 Posts
As someone said, the Core 2 Duos are rated for as low as 0.85V core. Run the voltage as low as is stable. Right now my overclock is heat limited, so I've got my Vcore at 1.2V and its rock solid.

·
Registered
2,847 Posts
Yeah when I get my Tuniq Tower and new case I'll be able to pump some more volts through my CPU

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.