Overclock.net banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK bare with me a few seconds. I'll do my best to explain this.
First know that I have indeed verified this by swapping various parts between my Z97 and X99 boxes.

I have two 2560x1440 monitors. A Dell U2713HM and a Acer XB270HU. I have three 980Ti's ... 2x Classifieds and a G1.

Here my issue. IF I run any of the three cards with either of the monitors at native resolutions on the X99 (RVE) system doing Sniper Elite V2 benchmark my average frame rate is in the high 80's to high 90's depending on the core clock I set the card at.... any of them with either monitor with vsync off. When I run the same test with either monitor or any of the cards on the Z97 (Asus Deluxe 3.1) system I get from high 140's to high 150's depending on the core clock I set the card at.

Same drivers, same OS, same amount of system ram, SSD's, 1200P (Seasonic/EVGA) power supplies in both systems. No cooling issues in either as my X99 is WC with 2x360, 1x240 and the Z97 is ALL air in a ambient room of 0c right now. Even if I bring the RVE system into the cold it changes nothing.

A 60 frame difference is massive for the same test using the same major components.

Any thoughts here.

I'm using the latest bios I have all PCI at gen3 I'm not a rook with either system or board. My 5960x with run 4.9 under 1.4v and my 4770k will also. Even if I run my G1 at 1595 core in the RVE box my max frame rate is under 100fps while at 1500 core on my weakest card will knock down 145fps on the Z97 system.

As Sidious said to Skywalker - so weak .....

SS

·
Registered
3,020 Posts
Maybe motherboard drivers not installed for RVE? Yes this can make a significant difference on the performance of a computer.

Check the GPU usage and etc via GPU-Z and CPU usage via hwinfo 64. If you notice anything abnormal please post it here (screenshot is preferred).

I guess there's a chance of the motherboard running sli on two cards instead of three.

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you. I guess I should have stated my first rodeo this is not.
Yes. All drivers and thus updates are applied with no device errors.
No offense (see my sig) taken but far from a newb I am.
wink.gif

The ONLY thing a screen shot will show is the stated frame rate and system differences.

I'm pretty knowledgeable of building systems and installing drivers so everything works although it's not always as simple as a mouse click to make that happen as I'm sure you're aware.

Again, thanks!

SS

1 - 3 of 3 Posts