Overclock.net banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well my loop is fully installed I ran a leak test for 12 hours with no leaks!
So I installed it and ran prime 95 on my system, my temps dropped 10c at load. Previously I would hit 55c under load, now my temps hit 45c should I be seeing better temps?
Could it have been a bad seat or are these temps expected?

Also this was going from a Hyper212+ to this RX240 loop. The over clock is still in place 10c does give me a lot of play room to put it over 4.0

·
Premium Member
4,559 Posts
looks about right.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
It seems about right, you'd have bigger temperature drops if you ran 4x 120mm fans on it or some good performance fans on the radiator. 45C is nothing to shake a stick at, even though it was a 10C drop, 45C load isn't high at all.

·
Registered
840 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdouglas;15224469
Well my loop is fully installed I ran a leak test for 12 hours with no leaks!
So I installed it and ran prime 95 on my system, my temps dropped 10c at load. Previously I would hit 55c under load, now my temps hit 45c should I be seeing better temps?
Could it have been a bad seat or are these temps expected?

Also this was going from a Hyper212+ to this RX240 loop. The over clock is still in place 10c does give me a lot of play room to put it over 4.0
Yes you could go higher on your over clock as long as you don't get over about 60c load and below 1.55v.

45c is pretty good under load IMO. Even with 2 360 rads my cpu won't go below about 43 load temps, with the GPU in the loop it averages around 40-43c when gaming and about 45-47c during prime95. 35-37c when browsing the web.

So I think your temps are quite fine.

D

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
I saw a 44C drop at load across the board on both my GPU and CPU. Of course that's coming from stock air cooling using 600mm of rad and 1850rpm fans with good static pressure. Idle is at ambient.

Then I cut my gains down to 25C by overclocking the crap out of my stuff.

I'd say 10C is a little underwhelming. Use better TIM and remember that you only need enough to fill the microscopic gaps between the block and IHS. I use ICD7 and apply about a 3mm bead to the center then push straight down. No twisting lest I introduce some air bubbles on accident.

Also when did you install it? You might have some air trapped in your rad still. Or maybe some flux worked loose and got caught in your CPU block. By what method and for how long did you flush the rad?

ETA: C2 revision 955s are also just a PITA to overclock and balance temps.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts