Overclock.net banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've not overclocked or undervolted for a while but few days ago went in to settings and the vram slider will only go to 1900mhz ? I've change power limit etc... Still won't go higher ? Sure it always did in the past ? I've tried dialing in a higher frequency but returns to 1900 ? Although automatic overclock goes over 2000mhz ?

Attachments

·
Registered
751 Posts
You have just posted attachment of 15.4 MB ..... How about some training courses with free image editors, so YOU to LEARN HOW to scale down images at 0.5 MB.

·
Top kek
3,612 Posts
1st: do you not how to do a print screen?
2nd: have you tried to do a reset on the settigns or reinstalling the drivers?

• Rep+
Reactions: THEROTHERHAMKID

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the reply I've tried installing drivers again and reset settings still same
I've even gone back to earlier bios

·
Registered
255 Posts
For the curiousity I try this out and notice what you meaning. If still not having any luck would maybe suggest DDU old drivers and install drivers you know worked. Running older drivers from last fall here and have not updated. Sometimes AMD does something to mess drivers up even though should be mature drivers at this age. Good luck fixing issue :)

·
High IQ Person
604 Posts
Be carefull with vram oc, even if looks stable, it might just "fixing errors" while giving you lower performance.

• Rep+

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
What was the previous max vram clock? Could always download MPT and manually set it.

• Rep+

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
sure before I could take it to 2050 the slider I mean not that I'd overclock near that I just usually leave at default tbh I'm just puzzled to what has changed that I can't manually go over 1900 ?

·
Registered
204 Posts
sure before I could take it to 2050 the slider I mean not that I'd overclock near that I just usually leave at default tbh I'm just puzzled to what has changed that I can't manually go over 1900 ?
It would help if you tell me what video card you have. Hot spot temperatures vary with video cards and 3080 and 3090 series FE cards get very hot. Overclocking performance varies a great deal because of several hardware issues. With what little information you have given us it sounds like the auto overclock is not stable. I just checked, at stock settings my VRAM on my 3090 goes to 9732 while running Unigine Heaven Benchmark. I can overclock the VRAM almost another 1000 higher, however it is not stable in all applications. The 3000 series Nvidea cards have an ECC type of VRAM, it is much different than the VRAM found on other cards and overclocking it primarily helps farmers, for everyone else only slightly overclocked VRAM works the best in all situations, except benchmarking.

Use MSI Afterburner version 4.6.4 Beta or later and the latest version of HWiNFO64. Open Nvidia Control Panel > Manage 3D settings, change Power management mode to Prefer Maximum Performance and Texture filtering - Quality to High performance.

Please reply with the video card you have.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Question ...sorry....Have a 3090 downloaded the gpuz...its telling me my hotspot is 60c while mining and my memory is 96c...is that accurate?.....can the hotspot be cooler then memory temp?
Use the latest version of HWiNFO64, 7.03-4450 Beta for GPU temperatures.

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
It would help if you tell me what video card you have. Hot spot temperatures vary with video cards and 3080 and 3090 series FE cards get very hot. Overclocking performance varies a great deal because of several hardware issues. With what little information you have given us it sounds like the auto overclock is not stable. I just checked, at stock settings my VRAM on my 3090 goes to 9732 while running Unigine Heaven Benchmark. I can overclock the VRAM almost another 1000 higher, however it is not stable in all applications. The 3000 series Nvidea cards have an ECC type of VRAM, it is much different than the VRAM found on other cards and overclocking it primarily helps farmers, for everyone else only slightly overclocked VRAM works the best in all situations, except benchmarking.

Use MSI Afterburner version 4.6.4 Beta or later and the latest version of HWiNFO64. Open Nvidia Control Panel > Manage 3D settings, change Power management mode to Prefer Maximum Performance and Texture filtering - Quality to High performance.

Please reply with the video card you have.
The person you are replying to is not the op, it was the person who asked about the 3090. The OP is asking why his vram frequency on his 5700xt is suddenly locked, when it was adjustable before.

As for OP; I honestly don't know. Usually if it was a powerplay table problem or some sort of driver problem , a DDU clean and reinstall would work.

·
Overclocker
4,293 Posts
Thanks for posting this. I thought getting over 1900mhz was some sort of Mandela effect. Now it is clear that they reduced the frequency some time last year.

I had planned on using fujipoly thermal pads on the ram ic. But when I saw the hard lock I too was puzzled.

There are no notes from prior drivers that state this was done. And, they are notorious for making noticeable changes like that without letting the community know.

·
Registered
255 Posts
For me never had more luck with over 1850 ram oc, someone suggest this not a ram issue but could have been maybe the on card controller no liking it too much. Considered mpt but when Igor said dont do it I take his advice. After much oc the video card discover there to be very little difference betweeen 1800 and 1850. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
204 Posts
The person you are replying to is not the op, it was the person who asked about the 3090. The OP is asking why his vram frequency on his 5700xt is suddenly locked, when it was adjustable before.

As for OP; I honestly don't know. Usually if it was a powerplay table problem or some sort of driver problem , a DDU clean and reinstall would work.
Thank you. I had no idea what video card the OP has, made it very difficult to give good information.

·
High IQ Person
604 Posts
For me never had more luck with over 1850 ram oc, someone suggest this not a ram issue but could have been maybe the on card controller no liking it too much. Considered mpt but when Igor said dont do it I take his advice. After much oc the video card discover there to be very little difference betweeen 1800 and 1850. :rolleyes:
Not sure if is true, I read that GDDR6 have "memory holes", so you might be unstable at 1850, but stable at 1920, something like that.
Anyway my card is fully stable without any performance regression at 1826, altho I edited my bios to have 1500 ram timing even at higher clocks, an amazing plus 1.5FPS in the Borderlands 3 benchmark :)

·
Registered
101 Posts
the title of the thread is 5700xt.....

• Rep+
Reactions: EastCoast

·
Enthusiast
837 Posts
Yes, 1900 memclk is max for rx 5700 xt. Maybe next time post in the official thread for your gpu? And learn how to take screenshots.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts