Overclock.net banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone. My ryzen 1200 is 40c idle at the desktop. Cpu fan is 2600 rpms.
Specs
R3 1200
Rx 480
Biostar x370 gtn
Node 202 fractal design
3000mhz running at 2133 x 2 8gb Evga
450w xfx psu
Hp 120gb ssd
Windows 10

Even with the case open. Checked temps in bios and hardwaremonitior by cpu is. Performance seems fine however. Not sure what's going on. Just redid the whole pc and reset the cooler which is

Noctua l9a am4 cooler small form factor.

Not sure what is going on. Maybe thermal paste needs time to cure but I've never seen it this bad.

Any ideas friends?

Thanks
-mike

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's about 21c in my house. I didn't even try load cause I felt like something was really wrong.

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
It sounds a little high, but it could be because of cooling or bad seat. One way to find out whats wrong is to look at temps when in load. If they go trough roof then theres something wrong.

What thermal paste did you use? If its noctuas own, it doesn't have curing time, atleast that I know of.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It was a bad seat. Just redid it fan speed is still 2600 but I think bios has it manually set. But just did cinebench I was 45c highest. 32 idle. WOOOOO. what a relief. I'll lower the fan to maybe 1500 rpm. Temps might go up a bit but that's okay. 2600 I'll leave for now

·
Registered
201 Posts
Woo! I’ve used that same cooler before. It’s awesome. I really liked the ultra low noise adapter for the cpu fan. Kept things nice and quiet.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah I'm gonna overclock memory and cpu tomorrow if I can and see how temps are in this Tiny little case. The cooler is perfect

·
curmudgeon
5,930 Posts
Is there any way to get case fans in that case?

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Quote:
Originally Posted by miklkit View Post

Is there any way to get case fans in that case?
Yah but it's on the gpu side. The gpu has it's own dedicated side and my rx 480 would come millimeters away and I'd have to rewire some of the case stock cables cause they block the fan spot but yeah it's possible. Doubt it would affect cpu In this case. The cpu is petty much on its own

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Quote:
Originally Posted by MooMoo View Post

It sounds a little high, but it could be because of cooling or bad seat. One way to find out whats wrong is to look at temps when in load. If they go trough roof then theres something wrong.

What thermal paste did you use? If its noctuas own, it doesn't have curing time, atleast that I know of.
bad seat I think however it goes back up after use.the node 202 has awful air flow and 0 fans. Fans are not easy to fit with full sized gpu. The heat is getting trapped in the case I think.

·
Registered
201 Posts
I used high static pressure fans in my node 202. That seemed to help a lot. High positive pressure helps, even though the fans are on the gpu side.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Quote:
Originally Posted by teh-yeti View Post

I used high static pressure fans in my node 202. That seemed to help a lot. High positive pressure helps, even though the fans are on the gpu side.
what fan did you use

·
Registered
201 Posts
I used the Rosewill Hyperboreas, though I somewhat regret that now. They are rebranded Akasa fans, but they had a high pitched whine to them. Gentle Typhoon, EK Vardar, Noctua NF-F12, and Be Quiet silent wings 3 are all widely regarded as pretty good high static pressure fans without being too loud. Hope that helps!

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Quote:
Originally Posted by teh-yeti View Post

I used the Rosewill Hyperboreas, though I somewhat regret that now. They are rebranded Akasa fans, but they had a high pitched whine to them. Gentle Typhoon, EK Vardar, Noctua NF-F12, and Be Quiet silent wings 3 are all widely regarded as pretty good high static pressure fans without being too loud. Hope that helps!
it does help. Thanks a lot dude!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts