1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Guys,
Finally AMD is back in the market!!
thumb.gif

So I'm building a Ryzen 1200 system with following main components. I have couple of questions listed below. I will be grateful if you can answer.
smile.gif

AMD RYZEN 3 1200 4-Core 3.1 GHz (3.4 GHz Turbo) Socket AM4 65W YD1200BBAEBOX Desktop Processor
https://www.newegg.com/global/in/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819113446&ignorebbr=1

MSI B350M Gaming PRO AM4 AMD B350 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.1 HDMI Micro ATX AMD Motherboard
https://www.newegg.com/global/in/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813144019&ignorebbr=1

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 3200 (PC4 25600) Intel Z170 Platform / Intel X99 Platform
https://www.newegg.com/global/in/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231939&ignorebbr=1

EVGA 450 B3, 80 Plus BRONZE 450W, Fully Modular, EVGA ECO Mode, Compact 150mm Size, Power Supply 220-B3-0450-V1
https://www.newegg.com/global/in/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817438124&cm_re=psu-_-17-438-124-_-Product

[1] Most importantly at the moment I am little low on budget so can't buy a new GPU immediately.
redface.gif
. Fortunately I have one old GPU(old means ****ty old
biggrin.gif
) GeForce 9500GT.
Will it work with above build?

[2] Then your thought on above components...

[3] Finally future plan is buying GTX1050Ti. Any suggestions on this?

·
lAptOp jUnKie
4,632 Posts
Your current gpu will work & there's nothing wrong with that 1050ti if you're not interested spending more for a gpu
biggrin.gif
Just to let you know, G.Skill does make 3200 memory specifically for RYZEN.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Quote:
Originally Posted by drBlahMan View Post

Your current gpu will work & there's nothing wrong with that 1050ti if you're not interested spending more for a gpu
biggrin.gif
Just to let you know, G.Skill does make 3200 memory specifically for RYZEN.
Thanks for your reply.

How much fps can I expect in modern titles with Ryzen 3 1200 + 1050ti + 3200MHz Ram?

Is my memory pick same as what you are saying? Means specific for Ryzen?

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
You can look on Youtube/websites for 1050 Ti reviews and get an idea.

I would go with used MB/CPU/RAM with an 1050 Ti. No use spending that much on new components on that class of GPU. I'm not sure what used components go for in India but I can find that mb, cpu and ram combo (that won't bottleneck the 1050ti) for cheaper than the Ryzen CPU in the USA.

·
Senior OCN Member
40,421 Posts

·
AMD OC'ing Enthusiast
3,050 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by superstition222 View Post

Quote:
I'll also add that bronze is often a codeword for "not good enough".
Not at all.

Bronze and other ratings are purely related to efficiency at XX% load.

Plenty of bronze power supplies on the market that crap all over some gold rated power supplies, even when sometimes the gold unit might have a higher power rating

EDIT find a power supply, and find a review on it from someone, such as johnny guru. a well rounded unit that has built in protections and can keep it self cool is important. Not all powersupplies even have short circuit protection in place! wrong plug installed BAM magic smoke
mad.gif

·
Registered
2,725 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattliston View Post

A good power supply can do better than bronze. Efficiency is important, purely or otherwise.

Bronze power supplies are designed to cut corners to be cheap to make. That's why they're rated bronze. That's why bronze is a code word for not good enough. Companies that make junky gold power supplies are another matter. Apples and oranges.

·
AMD OC'ing Enthusiast
3,050 Posts
Quote:

Quote:

A good power supply can do better than bronze. Efficiency is important, purely or otherwise.

Bronze power supplies are designed to cut corners to be cheap to make. That's why they're rated bronze. That's why bronze is a code word for not good enough. Companies that make junky gold power supplies are another matter. Apples and oranges.
Power efficiency is not directly relatable to cost of a power supply. There are many MANY factors, like capacitor quality, voltage regulation circuitry, operating temperatures, etc...

Just because a power supply is gold rated, does not mean its a quality unit.

Im trying to promote the idea of researching equipment choices, rather than relying on some rating that was blown up mostly via marketing.

Maybe you are not aware of how many garbage units are out in the market with gold and platinum stamps

Heck, jonnyguru has even found a few gold units that were performing BELOW a bronze standard when at a reasonable operating temperature, versus testing a cold unit. Example, when your computer would be on for more than a few hours.

·
Registered
2,725 Posts
Quote:

Power efficiency is not directly relatable to cost of a power supply. There are many MANY factors, like capacitor quality, voltage regulation circuitry, operating temperatures, etc...

Just because a power supply is gold rated, does not mean its a quality unit.

Im trying to promote the idea of researching equipment choices, rather than relying on some rating that was blown up mostly via marketing.

Maybe you are not aware of how many garbage units are out in the market with gold and platinum stamps

Heck, jonnyguru has even found a few gold units that were performing BELOW a bronze standard when at a reasonable operating temperature, versus testing a cold unit. Example, when your computer would be on for more than a few hours.
Apples and oranges.

·
Premium Member
11,321 Posts
Quote:

Apples and oranges.
Your stating that apples are more important than oranges when they are both part of a healthy nutrition balance
smile.gif

·
Registered
2,725 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReciever View Post

Your stating that apples are more important than oranges when they are both part of a healthy nutrition balance
smile.gif
Citation needed.

I made a legitimate point and the response was the apples/oranges fallacy.

·
Premium Member
11,321 Posts
Quote:

This is false on its own.

This is because efficiency sticker can be approved and NOT actually have that level of efficiency

@TwoCables

TC would be able to give a little more context I believe.

·
Registered
2,725 Posts
Quote:

This is false on its own.

This is because efficiency sticker can be approved and NOT actually have that level of efficiency

@TwoCables

TC would be able to give a little more context I believe.
I know that some have a beef with 80 Plus, such as the temperature PSUs are tested in to qualify. My advice is to make your own standard and get PSU makers on board.

Until then, bronze will remain unimpressive as a badge of efficiency. If you want to make the ratings better, then please do so.

Like it or not, bronze sends a clear message to a consumer that corners have been cut. You will not find any top-tier PSUs with a bronze rating, no matter how much you argue with me.

·
Premium Member
11,321 Posts
Quote:

I know that some have a beef with 80 Plus, such as the temperature PSUs are tested in to qualify. My advice is to make your own standard and get PSU makers on board.

Until then, bronze will remain unimpressive as a badge of efficiency. If you want to make the ratings better, then please do so.

Like it or not, bronze sends a clear message to a consumer that corners have been cut. You will not find any top-tier PSUs with a bronze rating, no matter how much you argue with me.
Your demanding top tier for a bronze labeled product which is in itself mal-formed condition.

No one is stating there are, but you present it as a variable that would counter your position.

Like it or not, I dont think anyone here will change your position based on your choice of words.

·
Registered
2,725 Posts
Quote:

Your demanding top tier for a bronze labeled product which is in itself mal-formed condition.

No one is stating there are, but you present it as a variable that would counter your position.

Like it or not, I dont think anyone here will change your position based on your choice of words.
Evading my point isn't a rebuttal.

There are two things I've noticed rise to the level of religious worship in this forum. One is the almighty bronze power supply. Another is squabbling and sniping about fans. I'm going to leave it at that. I find both very tedious.

For those who like to argue that 80 Plus ratings are meaningless, there certainly is a lot of passion to defend those with a bronze rating.
biggrin.gif

·
Overclocking Enthusiast
6,140 Posts
I would go with these as they have tighter timings. But i guess it doesn't really matter all that much.
:D

·
Premium Member
11,321 Posts
Quote:

Evading my point isn't a rebuttal.

There are two things I've noticed rise to the level of religious worship in this forum. One is the almighty bronze power supply. Another is squabbling and sniping about fans. I'm going to leave it at that. I find both very tedious.

For those who like to argue that 80 Plus ratings are meaningless, there certainly is a lot of passion to defend those with a bronze rating.
biggrin.gif
I didnt argue this in the first place. All I stated was that they dont make or break the PSU, you need to look at them individually is all I was hoping you would pick up on. I thank you for attributing that to me though.

I use laptops and have for years. I dont get a sticker and never will.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts