Overclock.net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Sir Loin
773 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i just got done build a rig for my sister using a ryzen 1600x and idle temps in the bios is between 40-50c with a dark pro 3. Is this a normal temperature or should i remount the cooler?

·
Registered
114 Posts
those temps seem fine, bios puts a small load on the cpu while in bios. I would download hwinfo64 and monitor your temps while in windows, but 40-50c is nothing to be worried about. To make sure run a stress test like prime95 for 20mins and keep an eye on your temps

·
Sir Loin
773 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yea i will just wanted to make sure temps looked ok out of the gate as i haven't worked with am4 or any ryzen chips yet.

·
Overclockiit
3,419 Posts
That's definitely high for idle temps but that also depends on your ambient temps as well. On my 2700x and the stock cooler my idle temps are between 34-36*.

·
Premium Member
1,386 Posts
So i just got done build a rig for my sister using a ryzen 1600x and idle temps in the bios is between 40-50c with a dark pro 3. Is this a normal temperature or should i remount the cooler?
that seems a little high for idle,every other AMD chip I had was always around the low to mid 30s

·
Sir Loin
773 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I haven't bench it yet. been busy. but i'll remount first ty.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts