Overclock.net banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

Quick question: can I make P3 work as the idle clock speed and voltage? I mean, I want to use P0 for the overclock, and then set P1 to the actual value of P0, and so on until P3. This way there would be an extra working Pstate for the CPU to adapt its clock speed.

Would it make sense to do this or it would just be the same as modifying only P0 (in terms of CPU longevity)?

Here are some other questions as well just to make the most of this new thread
biggrin.gif
This is my hardware:
- Motherboard: ASRock Fatal1ty AB350 Gaming K4
- Processor: Ryzen 1700x
- RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4 3200MHz C16 (currently running stable at 3066Hz on XMP 2.0 profile).
- Cooling: a cheap fan over the CPU. Two more installed on the case.

I managed to overclock the CPU to 3.9GHz at 1.3375V. After 30 mins of stress testing with Aida64 CPU's temperature is 42ºC. It's been stable for the last 15 minutes so I guess it won't go up further. Voltage under load is 1.328V and no sign of reaching 1.3375V. Do you see these good values? Should I aim for 4.0GHz?

The thing is that I'll be running my computer for about 12 hours a day and I want all my components to last as long as possible. I rarely play games, about 4-5 hours a week. PC is used mostly for office work (writing documents, surfing the internet, ...). Anyway, I don't want to underuse my CPU either (it's running 3.5GHz at 1.35V when it's capable of 3.9GHz), that's why I'm overclocking.

Thank you very much for your help and excuse me if I made any gramatical mistake, I'm not a native speaker. Hope your answers help me understand better the overclocking process.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts