Overclock.net banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
If you see how many people are lurking the thread you know its not hardware.

Type winver into tge taskbar search, bet youre on 2004 or 20h2 (2009) version of windows.

It is borking a lot of ryzen users. You can increase stability by playing around with spread spectrum/HPET (bios and win)/c-states and get stable for a bit. I myself have a pc that exhibits crackling on audio randomly which is horrible for content creation.

I have just used RUFUS (program) to download a bootable 1909 ISO and will be rolling back. Micro$oft has really fkd up this time. Nvidia cards also have insane dpc latency spikes due to a power conflict in the standard drivers (ddu wipe and reinstall with dch is required to help a bit).

My dpc was consistently spiking to 5000 microseconds in games causing me to get killed and was making my sound card crackle.

Hope some of what i posted was helpful to you and others.

Btw if u do use rufus to roll back i highly suggest you use a win pro cd key so u can use gpedit (group policy) to change it so windows never updates. I honestly think pirates with cracked windows would be laughing at us right now.
I do know it is hardware though. I swapped CPUs and the issue disappeared.

·
Registered
1 Posts
HI All,

I was having very similar issues with MSI edge wifi was convinced it was the MOBO so bought a MSI tomahawk same issue, eventually tracked it down to the lastest BIOS release (I always run the latest) however the new beta bios that included the new ryzen direct memory access was causing all the issues. Once I backed off to an old bios it was all good - I have reported to MSI

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi all! I have a MSI X570 Tomhawk and a Ryzen 5800X.My pc only "freeze" after it have been in sleep mode for hours.This is the first time writing here it havent freezed after 10 hours + sleeping.
I can play for hours and hours with no problems at all.This only happens when my pc have been in sleep mode for hours and i wake it up.After my pc have been in sleep mode i have used to turn my pc completely off and turn in on again.I have also read on other forums the same thing that Midget Army says, that rolling back to an older Bios have worked for some.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi, I have the same issue with my PC. Did you manage to solve the problem somehow?
Here's my specs:
CPU: Ryzen 2600X
Mobo: Gigabyte B450M DS3H
RAM: Crucial Ballistix 2666mhz (XMP)
GPU: Sapphire RX 480 8GB nitro
Storage: M.2 nvme SSD(os); Samsung 850 for games and Seagate 1tb HDD for storage
PSU: Corsair RM550

Things I've tried:
Updating to the latest device drivers, BIOS version, chipset drivers.
Ryzen balanced power plan with USB and PCIe power savings disabled.
Psu set on Typical Current Idle from BIOS.
Running sfc /scannow, memtest and other commands like this.
Cleaned and reinstalled graphics drivers.
The issue only happens in low load conditions, for example when browsing or leaving the pc idling for a few hours, or even some minutes. It's completely random. Every time I have to force shutdown the PSU, cause the screen freezes as long as keyboard/mouse input.
I really don't want to disable any kind of setting that chop up the performance of the CPU.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi, I have the same issue with my PC. Did you manage to solve the problem somehow?
Here's my specs:
CPU: Ryzen 2600X
Mobo: Gigabyte B450M DS3H
RAM: Crucial Ballistix 2666mhz (XMP)
GPU: Sapphire RX 480 8GB nitro
Storage: M.2 nvme SSD(os); Samsung 850 for games and Seagate 1tb HDD for storage
PSU: Corsair RM550

Things I've tried:
Updating to the latest device drivers, BIOS version, chipset drivers.
Ryzen balanced power plan with USB and PCIe power savings disabled.
Psu set on Typical Current Idle from BIOS.
Running sfc /scannow, memtest and other commands like this.
Cleaned and reinstalled graphics drivers.
The issue only happens in low load conditions, for example when browsing or leaving the pc idling for a few hours, or even some minutes. It's completely random. Every time I have to force shutdown the PSU, cause the screen freezes as long as keyboard/mouse input.
I really don't want to disable any kind of setting that chop up the performance of the CPU.

yes,it wasnt hardware related at all.It was the NZXT cam software that caused it.Many others have the same problem.Some have these freezes if they use Corsair iCue and NZXT cam.I removed NZXT cam and it havent freezed once after.

another thread about it here: New PC - strange Windows freezes (probable cause: NZXT CAM)

·
Registered
2 Posts
yes,it wasnt hardware related at all.It was the NZXT cam software that caused it.Many others have the same problem.Some have these freezes if they use Corsair iCue and NZXT cam.I removed NZXT cam and it havent freezed once after.

another thread about it here: New PC - strange Windows freezes (probable cause: NZXT CAM)
I don't have that software installed on my pc. I also try to keep background apps/services as low as possible

·
Registered
10 Posts
I was able to solve this problem by disabling 'Global C-State Control' in the BIOS.

Here's my specs:
CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X
Mobo: ASUS ROG Strix X570-I Gaming BIOS ver 3001
RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 2x16GB 3600MHz (16 18 18 36 54)
GPU: 2080ti
Storage: Samsung 980 Pro 1TB
PSU: Corsair SF600

21 - 28 of 28 Posts