Overclock.net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
915 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what sort of clock speeds should I see on boost from games like warzone, destiny 2 on the 3900x please chaps

·
Registered
915 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Am i just leaving bios completely default for this cpu not touching anything? just setting the memory at 3600mhz ?

·
LTSC for life crew
2,877 Posts
Honestly the BIOS defaults for the 3900X are typically pretty good, and PBO is already finely tuned out of the box. If your memory is capable of doing 3600MHz then you definitely want to set it to that. Otherwise leaving the rest alone is probably your safest bet until you get more accustomed to the new CPU.

·
Registered
915 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Honestly the BIOS defaults for the 3900X are typically pretty good, and PBO is already finely tuned out of the box. If your memory is capable of doing 3600MHz then you definitely want to set it to that. Otherwise leaving the rest alone is probably your safest bet until you get more accustomed to the new CPU.
Ok I will leave at default and just set the memory at 3600mhz thanks

·
Registered
45 Posts
I don't know about those particular games but looking at HWInfo after gaming shows 2 cores hitting ~4625mhz, 2 cores hitting ~4575mhz and the rest in the 4300-4450mhz range for me. This behavior appears relatively consistent across various games. Keeping in mind those are peak frequencies on individual cores.

This is under a largely stock configuration. The only changes are XMP is enabled (I'm too lazy to fiddle with manual at the moment), BCLK is manually set to 100 and a slight undervolt (~0.05v if I remember).

·
Registered
915 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I don't know about those particular games but looking at HWInfo after gaming shows 2 cores hitting ~4625mhz, 2 cores hitting ~4575mhz and the rest in the 4300-4450mhz range for me. This behavior appears relatively consistent across various games. Keeping in mind those are peak frequencies on individual cores.

This is under a largely stock configuration. The only changes are XMP is enabled (I'm too lazy to fiddle with manual at the moment), BCLK is manually set to 100 and a slight undervolt (~0.05v if I remember).
I haven’t changed anything in bios on the 3900x only set ram to 3600mhz.

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts