Overclock.net banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been trying to search for this for months haha.

Basically I'm looking for the best way to boost single core performance as I mainly play an mmo that has ****ty support for multi cores. That game is Black Desert Online. Looks like according to HWINFO the cpu is boosting to about 4.2ghz. The end goal is to get more performance for this game if possible if anybody here is familiar with this particular game or another one in general.

mobo: asrock x570 taichi 3.20 bios (just updated to this today)
Coolermaster MASTERLIQUID LITE 120
32gb trident z ddr4 3200
using 1usmus power plan (just switched to this today)
2080ti gigabyte gaming oc version

Been trying various things to try and get some performance gains but no dice so far.

In short what has been the best way to boost single core performance for gaming for you?

·
Registered
418 Posts
Find cool and quite as turn it off and then use Ryzen Master auto over clock (bump it +200Mhz ) and then that little oc button also = test and apply = that should get it to boost higher as my 3700x boost to around 4.275 to 4.3Ghz with stock cooler in games ,,

This is Ryzen 3 3100 in that matter with a Ryzen 5 1600 cooler installed and it does try and keep it that one single core at 4.1Ghz ... changing the cooler could help me .. but that thing you have is a heat monster and temps to me mean high clocks and it likes no higher the 59c IMO

·
AMD OC'ing Enthusiast
2,740 Posts
gamersnexus or level1techs or maybe it was linustechtips, showed off a new software tool that integrates with ryzen master and cinebench to do a sort of self overclocking, where it finds the best overall and best ccx module overclocks.

Im pretty sure it was LTT that showed it, but I watch a lot of youtube, and it gets confusing at times

·
Premium Member
20,111 Posts
If it is just for that mmo, then i suggest disabling SMT, disable the 10 cores and oc the cpu at the higest stable clock it can for that particular game. I'd say 4.4GHz should be possible with that cooler.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts