Overclock.net banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've finally been able to start overclocking my Ryzen 5 1500X although am running into cooling issues. Currently I'm using the Wraith Spire cooler with it's fan & both my system fans maxed. 3.9GHz on 1.3875V stays around 78C although it failed after an hour of Aida64 Extreme so I know it probably needs 1.4V. I have an MSI B350M Gaming Pro motherboard with the latest 2.8 BIOS, the only one capable of adjusting voltage so far. This is my 2nd trial of the software, a 6 month edition a moderator there graciously offered me when I 1st tried OC'ing but wasted the 30 day trial because all BIOS's were bad. So it'll be impossible for me to get another or even buy the software license outright when I have the money for just cooling upgrades in 9+ months.

1: Is there still a +20C temperature offset with Ryzen 5 1500X's that's making CPUID, HW Monitor & Aida64 think it's running hotter?

2: If not, would it be unsafe to test 3.9GHz on 1.4V at what will probably be ~80C for 12+ hours? (I don't plan to leave it there, just to know if my chips capable of it for when I can upgrade cooling).

3: Are there any other safe, CPU stability stress testing software that's free out there?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts