1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,
This is my first post
smile.gif

I just overclock my ryzen 5 1600 to 3,7 Ghz , Stock cooler.
VCORE voltage , set to minimum offset +0.00625 (if i am not mistaken), as my research some people can run it on stock voltage stably
SOC voltage, i left it to auto 1.100 V

I run Cinebench over and over, no crash
Then run Prime95 for around 3 hours, the max temp reach 84C, no crash

What you think?
Is that temperature normal? My chassis fan is 2 intake, 1 exhaust and the ambient temperature here is quite high around 30C ( i feel sweat without blower)

And somtimes i feel like my mouse lagging. is it caused by insufficient voltage ? should i add more voltage to get more stable ?

Thank you
thumb.gif

·
Aliexpress shopper
922 Posts
I was getting 83C with the stock heatsink in a much cooler environment, so I would say your temperatures are normal.

As far as mouse lagging, that could just be a result of the stress Prime95 puts the system under. Any instability I have from overclocking usually results in a unrecoverable black screen.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you,

I just read some people can reach 3.7 with 1.23125V (thats mean under the stock voltage 1,23750V)

Is it safe to higher the clock while lowering the voltage ?

·
Aliexpress shopper
922 Posts
Yes, it is safe. As long as it passes Prime95 it should be fine. High voltage is what's dangerous!

·
Premium Member
20,172 Posts
Op, you used the stock thermal paste? If you did might be that. Also check if the cpu cooler ramps up at load. Around 1800 rpm. The ambient is also pretty high. If you can add another exhaust it might help.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes i use stock cooler as well as the thermal paste
The CPU fan reached max 2600 when Stress test CPU&FPU

Air conditioner coming soon
smile.gif

·
Premium Member
20,172 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gondes6969 View Post

Yes i use stock cooler as well as the thermal paste
The CPU fan reached max 2600 when Stress test CPU&FPU

Air conditioner coming soon
smile.gif
Ah, with that ambient might be worth investing on a T4 cpu cooler. I have one on a Phenom amd tried it. Only used a Cooler Master paste ( ran out of MX-2 paste) and saw temp down a good deal. Had to reuse the stock cooler for now till i go water.

The T4 did the job and was easy to clip on. No screws needed. Play with fans. Front intake two exhausts maybe.

·
curmudgeon
5,930 Posts
Sometimes a sticky mouse is caused by excessive latency. You might want to give this a try ensure that your mouse problem isn't a driver conflict.

http://www.resplendence.com/latencymon

1 - 8 of 8 Posts