Overclock.net banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As the title states, I have a Ryzen 5 2600 with a Cryorig H7 cooler, and it's running a bit hotter than it seems it should be. I'm running a fairly moderate overclock, at 4.0 GHz and a core voltage (SVI2 TFN) which peaks at 1.337v and averages 1.298v. I have 3 case fans - a 120mm on the front, a 120mm on the back, and a 140mm on the top - and I've had them and my CPU fan all on 100%.
After running Prime95 blend for a few minutes, my CPU temps (Tctl/Tdie) reach the mid-70s. After a few hours, they've reached as high as 90 °C. Here's a screenshot of HWmonitor after 20mins of blend.

I'm working to find my lowest stable voltage to bring temps down, but even still I don't feel like I should be hitting even 80 °C with a core voltage of 1.3v. I made sure my CPU cooler mounting bracket was snug (though I didn't touch the screw recessed in the middle of the heat sink), and I even took it off, cleaned off the thermal paste, and reinstalled, but it didn't seem to help.

Are my expectations of the cooler just too high, or am I doing something wrong?

·
⤷ αC
11,240 Posts
What is the power going to the CPU?

Ryzen 2nd gen is more power hungry due to the 12nm process.

It is also dependent on the ambient temperature in the case. You might have re-circulation if it is getting hotter rather than leveling off.

·
Premium Member
660 Posts
I have the H5 which is better and my 1600 with similar settings would definitely get that high if it was stable long enough to get that hot before crashing. In the real world it turns out perfectly stable, never had it cause a problem, so I just ignore it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts