Overclock.net banner
1 - 20 of 133 Posts

·
Registered
709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As title sais, I am interested in documenting the release dates of this B2 revision, so if you got a Ryzen B2, please post here your manufacturing date.
For the ones who don't know how to spot it, it's the first four numbers fromt he second row, directly on the CPU.

Rectangle Font Material property Technology Circle

·
Registered
30 Posts
As title sais, I am interested in documenting the release dates of this B2 revision, so if you got a Ryzen B2, please post here your manufacturing date.
For the ones who don't know how to spot it, it's the first four numbers fromt he second row, directly on the CPU.

View attachment 2545942
no it's not, it has a different number ending in the first row...the B2 of the 5900x ends with 63 instead of 61. This works for the 5800x as well, but I see that this doesn't work for the 5950x :rolleyes:
Font Screenshot Software Number Multimedia

·
Registered
709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
30 Posts
oh man... hahaha... ok... so let's see at wich production date the B2 starts... I may have one of the almost last batch of B0... 2119

·
Banned
1,185 Posts

View attachment 2545942

B2 Stepping launched last year, so it has been already released to OEM manufacturers.
You can find here a B2 overclocking video from September 2021.
Maybe AMD didn't want to rebrand this new bin as an XT part, as AMD have done for the Ryzen 3k series.

The B2 release date and OEM shipment happened between Q2/Q3 in 2021.
No further information have been release since, aside a couple of days ago when the AMD marketing team poked the media about this stepping.

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
B2 has also stronger IMC and better VF curve. There is one B2 5950X in HWBOT Superpi challenge. IMC is really 100-150 MHz betetr than most B0

• Rep+
Reactions: YoungChris

·
Registered
30 Posts
has it maybe to do with the factory SUS? that they changed earlier the manufacturing process than the other factory?

·
Registered
830 Posts
B2 Stepping launched last year, so it has been already released to OEM manufacturers.
You can find here a B2 overclocking video from September 2021.
Maybe AMD didn't want to rebrand this new bin as an XT part, as AMD have done for the Ryzen 3k series.

The B2 release date and OEM shipment happened between Q2/Q3 in 2021.
No further information have been release since, aside a couple of days ago when the AMD marketing team poked the media about this stepping.
Just for clarity If someone reads too fast like I did at first, skattenbenchers b2 is an oem 5900 non-x 65W part. Not a normal 5900X b2 stepping.
World Font Astronomical object Screenshot Science

·
Banned
1,185 Posts
Just for clarity If someone reads too fast like I did at first, skattenbenchers b2 is an oem 5900 non-x 65W part. Not a normal 5900X b2 stepping.
View attachment 2546003
Do you distinguish different cpu stepping, by their power consumption or by their product SKU?
Power consumption figures and/or product SKU segmentation have nothing to do with the stepping of a cpu.

·
Registered
830 Posts
Do you distinguish different cpu stepping, by their power consumption or by their product SKU?
Power consumption figures and/or product SKU segmentation have nothing to do with the stepping of a cpu.
I would guess 5900 and 5900X are different SKUs like 3600 and 3600X, if that’s what you are asking?
Why wouldn’t SKUs have anything to do with stepping?

if they make a ccx change - stepping, of course the can roll them out with different timing in different SKUs, no?

edit: though the significant difference here is that you can’t buy it retail.

·
PC Evangelist
48,325 Posts
B2 is not binned. My 5950x is B2.
Both my no B2 and B2 cant go over 1866MHz FCLK.

• Rep+
Reactions: Veii

·
Mentally Insane User
704 Posts
B2 is not binned. My 5950x is B2.
Both my no B2 and B2 cant go over 1866MHz FCLK.
Jesus that's bad. My 3700X can do 1900MHz FCLK but I never tried to go any higher as I doubt it can plus my RAM wouldn't be able to do 4000MHz with low timings so just never tried to find out if it can.

·
Registered
30 Posts
There's something that looks really fake about this image. What's your phone done to it?

Also, isn't the readout in CPU-Z accurate (B0 vs B2)?
I don't know, what do you find fake about this image. I took this picture when I put my new pc together.

Fluid Gas Font Electronic device Battery charger

Font Material property Brand Logo Screenshot

you can check the serial number.
Electronic engineering Font Display device Technology Electronic device

and I don't know, why I should fake something?

I am a 46 y old guy, a video creator having fun, reading you overclocking attempts, to learn something from you.

I was really hoping to get a B2 stepping, but I am happy with my B0, and it's not overclocked... Only my graphics card has a VBIOS of a faster card, thats the only overclocking that I did to my system.

• Rep+
Reactions: 1ah1 and Kha
1 - 20 of 133 Posts